Ill be back at Apple again tonight...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I believe this makes #16. This is NOT an Apple problem, there is seriously no way I have had 16 defective 4s phones. No way. AT&T is trying to figure it out, but at this point, I am going to ask for a new number and have them knock my number down to a basic line and forward all of it's calls and texts to my new number. I can't lose that number bec it's tied to the business (as in it's the only number to my business and is printed on everything everywhere!) so I need to work around it, but this has literally been going on a year and 2 days now, and this is ridiculous. I have fried like 16 phones now. That's insane. What could it be looking for in my account that it can't find that would be related to the stolen original phone?

I wasn't able to make outbound calls in the first couple months, we finally fixed that. But for the last maybe 6 months I just lose network totally. I have to reset network settings or restart the whole phone to get the signal back, and even then it doesn't always work.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
holy shiit ame. havent seen or heard anything from you lately so i was thinking (hopefully) those skeltons in the closet battle was over for you....damn. I think your the only person i know of that needed to go through this many iphones:(

again, i hope this get resolved for you asap - maybe getting that new # will help.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
yea that's my hope. I give up. It's definitely sometihng in my account. I was already told that no matter what I do phone-wise, upgrade to a 5, switch to a Droid, whatever, Ill keep having this issue, it's something in the account or on the number and it's going to persist til it's fixed. I even talked to Verizon about Porting and they said if there's something jacked with my number it will follow me there too. So if they can fix it great, but it's been a year, and surely they would've by now if they were going to. But I've made my "demands" at this point, so hopefully today we can get this handled.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Another option is porting that # to google voice then have all the calls/SMS forward to another #. This way you would have that # for life with google.

via Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
1) How do I do that? Ill be getting the new number hopefully set up today, and then knocking this number down to a lower plan today.
2) What happens if Google discontinues "Google Voice"?

ETA...I just read about that...Not sure I like that idea. I want to keep my number on my account in the event we move carriers later on.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually it's $20 to port it, but then free to use plus service for the number you port to. Hm.

I am going to be dealing with the ATT folks here shortly so hopefully I can get this all set up and Ill figure out the google voice thing another day. I just need to get this all squared away tonight back to back. Hopefully Apple has all the notes in there so I don't drive over there again for the second time and get told no on another warranty phone despite the fact that it's going to need replacing

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The problems you're having is on the service side I think. If you been through that many phones its AT&T problems not apples.

via Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Actually it's $20 to port it, but then free to use plus service for the number you port to. Hm.

I am going to be dealing with the ATT folks here shortly so hopefully I can get this all set up and Ill figure out the google voice thing another day. I just need to get this all squared away tonight back to back. Hopefully Apple has all the notes in there so I don't drive over there again for the second time and get told no on another warranty phone despite the fact that it's going to need replacing

This issue kills the phone ? Wow that is a first

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The problems you're having is on the service side I think. If you been through that many phones its AT&T problems not apples.
Yes, we are aware of that. We just have to deal with it til we find a permanent fix or workaround.

This issue kills the phone ? Wow that is a first

Not for me, it's a 16th for me. There's sometihng the phone is looking for, it's frying the phone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
yea that's my hope. I give up. It's definitely sometihng in my account. I was already told that no matter what I do phone-wise, upgrade to a 5, switch to a Droid, whatever, Ill keep having this issue, it's something in the account or on the number and it's going to persist til it's fixed. I even talked to Verizon about Porting and they said if there's something jacked with my number it will follow me there too. So if they can fix it great, but it's been a year, and surely they would've by now if they were going to. But I've made my "demands" at this point, so hopefully today we can get this handled.

It really just bogs my mind that since your phone was stolen(last yr), something has been wonky with your acct. and as long as this has been going on for you (i've seen most of your posts on progress here) one would think after 6mths AT&T wouldve granted you a new clean phone number to work off of and stop this constant switching out of phones for you. Which, in itself has got to be a ROYAL PITA because you have trips back and forth to 'correct' the problem but only for so long before it creeps up again!!

Well, i hope your demands have turned to positive progress for you today, and from here on in things go smoothly for you:) keep us updated if you can. I'd like to hear the end to this saga!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, we are aware of that. We just have to deal with it til we find a permanent fix or workaround.

Not for me, it's a 16th for me. There's sometihng the phone is looking for, it's frying the phone.

That is crazy hope they figure it out I assume im they have swapped your sim and phone so it has to be a account thing obviously hopefully they can swap your phone number and get it working

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I actually have been the problem with the new number bec my number has been tied to a business for a decade and is printed EVERYWHERE! So it's a bit of an issue. I finally reached my breaking point. The guy that handles our AT&T stuff at work and set my account up for me in the beginning has got it set up for me. After I left Apple, I went to him and got that all situated. My calls are being forwarded from the number I used forever, though unless we missed something texts won't forward. But the calls are what matter anyway.

I left Apple with a phone that did not have a SIM in it--meaning we never put MY sim in it. We did a test sim to make sure it connected, and when it did I took off to ATT. So far so good. New account, new number, new SIM, new phone...hopefully HOPEFULLY this is done. Apple is concerned that forwarding my calls from the old number might cause issues, but it's the only option besides carrying a 2nd phone and that's a last ditch.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually have been the problem with the new number bec my number has been tied to a business for a decade and is printed EVERYWHERE! So it's a bit of an issue. I finally reached my breaking point. The guy that handles our AT&T stuff at work and set my account up for me in the beginning has got it set up for me. After I left Apple, I went to him and got that all situated. My calls are being forwarded from the number I used forever, though unless we missed something texts won't forward. But the calls are what matter anyway.

I left Apple with a phone that did not have a SIM in it--meaning we never put MY sim in it. We did a test sim to make sure it connected, and when it did I took off to ATT. So far so good. New account, new number, new SIM, new phone...hopefully HOPEFULLY this is done. Apple is concerned that forwarding my calls from the old number might cause issues, but it's the only option besides carrying a 2nd phone and that's a last ditch.

Or like stated port the number to google then you can use one phone an answer calls for that number also and I think it will receive text as well

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I hope so too.

I will not be porting to google. Probably ever. I want full control over my number and I don't believe Ill have that with google, and I don't want it leaving my account.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think Verizon just doesn't want to lose you. It seems unlikely that porting to another carrier would result in this continued issue.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried porting to another carrier just to see? Usually you can port back within a certain window without reactivation fees if say going to Verizon didn't resolve the issue.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
No, in part bec it's going to be a hassle with or without fees, there are actually requirements imposed by carriers as to how long you have to keep the line active before porting back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods