More And More Switching To IOS From BlackBerry & Android

phxshadow1

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree, most everyone close to me is switch to the Iphone. I just switched me and my wife to Iphones coming from android's and before that blackberry's. Iphone is a great phone wondering now why we waited so long to switch to Iphone. Ease of use and integration plus smooth interface is fantastic. The final straw for me was my droid kept freezing and shutting off, I needed a reliable phone for work. My Iphone is running circle around my droid in battery life, nice to be able to go all day without worrying about finding a charging outlet.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
I used to have company issued Blackberries. The company switched to iPhone around the time the 3G model was released. I don't know what, but I think I might have just had bad luck with Blackberries. If they weren't constantly freezing, they were constantly breaking. In a typical year, I'd go through 5-6 Blackberries because of broken trackballs, broken keyboards, broken battery covers... Admittedly, a couple broken ones were my fault when I flung them against the wall from frustration when it would freeze up. The last one I had was the one without the camera, forgot the model number. Anyway, most of the issues disappeared once we switched to iPhone.... no trackball, no keyboard, no battery cover, no freezing and taking 10 minutes to reboot.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I switched from android. Before that I had the BB Storm 1, only BB I ever had. I had several androids and really like android. But what made my decision was the fragmentation of android and the multiple devices coming out every other month. Too many for aftermarket stuff. And if you switch android phones, most likely none of your accessories will work. So I went with the iPhone, also because the coolest accessories and apps always seems to be exclusive to the iPhone.

My final decision was based on the way I was treated recently at the local Apple Store. After that treatment, I am an apple fan. That does not mean I am against other platforms. My wife is still on android as are a few kids.

I like 'em all! LOL

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I used to have company issued Blackberries. The company switched to iPhone around the time the 3G model was released. I don't know what, but I think I might have just had bad luck with Blackberries. If they weren't constantly freezing, they were constantly breaking. In a typical year, I'd go through 5-6 Blackberries because of broken trackballs, broken keyboards, broken battery covers... Admittedly, a couple broken ones were my fault when I flung them against the wall from frustration when it would freeze up. The last one I had was the one without the camera, forgot the model number. Anyway, most of the issues disappeared once we switched to iPhone.... no trackball, no keyboard, no battery cover, no freezing and taking 10 minutes to reboot.

It's not just you. I had the same problems with my BBs. Quality control among other things sucked at RIM

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: More And More Switching To IOS From BlackBerry & Android

I remember those days when more people used Blackberries than iPhones...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Going back yeeeeeeears ago, when the iPhone was only avail on AT&T i was bummed because i had always wanted one, but being on Verizon I wasn't willing to make a carrier switch when my whole family was with Verizon. Cost wise, it just wouldnt have been worth it. I'm also a bb to iphone convert. I used bb's for about 4+ yrs. I've had the 8330, 8530, S2(9550), and the bold 9650. Last July(2011) my hubby got himself an i4 - and i would mess around with it. I already owned an iPad(1) and iTouch3rd gen at that point as well. I absolutely loved the phone aspect of iDevices at that point, but had to wait till Nov. for my upgrade. By that time the 4S was announced and released so i went for it and i haven't looked back since. I don't imagine myself going back to bb at all again, to me the software and function of it all just really fell behind the times. There are a few android devices that have caught my eye, and i plan on checking them out. will i actually switch from my 4S -- idk. I really do enjoy it, so i think even if i did make the switch, because i'm so" in tune" with my 4S and how it works for me, i'd prob have a hard time accepting the new device, and wind up switching back to my 4S. SO before i even make that kind of decision i want to be sure before i jump that fence:)

Long and short of it all, i've chosen a device that completely works for ME at this point in time - and whether its the most popular or least popular, whats important is that it does what i need it for on a daily basis :)

Pink... I think the last sentence in your post here sums things up just great and I could not agree with you more as I feel the same exact way as you. Thank you for the great post. :D

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I am only in my 40's but I remember having a bag phone and it progressed from there. I have used palm's, Nextel blackberry, regular blackberry, windows phone, iPhone , android and now been using the 4s for awhile now. I don't use a phone the way I use too and now it's more of just enjoyment. The iPhone is smooth and easy to use so that why it works for the masses. As for Android they have improved dramatically and will continue to grow better and better, they still won't fit as well as the iPhone to the masses. I am cosidering a new phone because I need to replace my sons, the 5 is not doing it for me and don't think I can wait for the 5s or 6. So who knows maybe back to android or maybe windows but shall see but can't complain about my 4s it works even with JB.

sirsamuels

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Pink... I think the last sentence in your post here sums things up just great and I could not agree with you more as I feel the same exact way as you. Thank you for the great post. :D

I agree with that. I believe that your phone has to work for you. Be it a blackberry, android, it has to be something that you can say works for you day to day.

Cool Breeze

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I was a BB person for years. It was my first smartphone & I had several of them. I was very defensive of BB's too. I'd also never had any Apple products, no iPod, and PC's all the way. But one by one my kids all started switching to iPhones. Never had any experience with android because I've always been with AT&T. I know absolutely nothing about them. Anyway when I bece eligible for an upgrade earlier this year I had started to feel, well, bored with BB. THey all seemed to be the same really. So I decided to try the iPhone. For the first few weeks I kept thinking I would return it & go back to BB. It was so different. But I started getting the hang of it & really love it now. I wouldn't go back to BB for anything. And, yeah, the constant battery pulls, frozen screen, etc ugh. My iPhone has never once frozen up on me (although after I had it for only a few months the speaker went out & Apple replaced the phone for me.). Other than that its been great & I'm a true convert. I'll never go back.

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had all three, and understand the merits of all of them. It really depends on what you want the phone to do, and all three shine in their own ways.

I, for one, didn't want a pure touchscreen for years because I didn't think I'd like it, (you can't beat a keyboard on a blackberry) but I finally tried out an android device. I've had three, and this is my first iPhone. Now that I'm used to it, I really enjoy touchscreens because of all the real estate that can be used by apps that a hardware keyboard takes up.

It just depends on what you really want. Will I stay with iDevices? I don't know. I am not particularly loyal to any of them, it just depends on what I may want next time an upgrade rolls around.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had all three, and understand the merits of all of them. It really depends on what you want the phone to do, and all three shine in their own ways.

I, for one, didn't want a pure touchscreen for years because I didn't think I'd like it, (you can't beat a keyboard on a blackberry) but I finally tried out an android device. I've had three, and this is my first iPhone. Now that I'm used to it, I really enjoy touchscreens because of all the real estate that can be used by apps that a hardware keyboard takes up.

It just depends on what you really want. Will I stay with iDevices? I don't know. I am not particularly loyal to any of them, it just depends on what I may want next time an upgrade rolls around.

I agree. I'm loving my iPhone. But I have no loyalty to any phone company or os because I like them all. When its time for me to upgrade my 4s, I will be looking at all the phones out there to see how they fit my needs.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I, for one, didn't want a pure touchscreen for years because I didn't think I'd like it, (you can't beat a keyboard on a blackberry) but I finally tried out an android device.

I'd have to disagree. I hated the keyboard on my BB. Even with my small girly hands, I had problems typing on it.

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd have to disagree. I hated the keyboard on my BB. Even with my small girly hands, I had problems typing on it.

Well, they certainly aren't for everyone but to me, it was the best hardware keyboard I've ever used. And I'm speaking strictly hardware. The best virtual keyboard I've ever used (on a phone) is Swiftkey X for Android, best virtual keyboard I've ever used on a tablet is iPad's.

And to split hairs here, I will say the Original BlackBerry Curve series had a better keyboard than the Bold, but that's just one person's opinion. I couldn't type on a Pearl to save my life hahahaha ;)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, they certainly aren't for everyone but to me, it was the best hardware keyboard I've ever used. And I'm speaking strictly hardware. The best virtual keyboard I've ever used (on a phone) is Swiftkey X for Android, best virtual keyboard I've ever used on a tablet is iPad's.

And to split hairs here, I will say the Original BlackBerry Curve series had a better keyboard than the Bold, but that's just one person's opinion. I couldn't type on a Pearl to save my life hahahaha ;)

I had a BB 7100i from Nextel that had a similar KB to the Pearl and hated that keyboard. I hated having to double and triple tap a key to get one letter.

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree with this statement as well. A product is as good and stable as the company that produces it. Also, iPhone is very easy to use compared to other devices. As more and more people keeps switching to IOS, is a reflection that it really helps get the job done.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I also have to add to my original post having started this thread that with all of the complaints that IOS6 Maps is getting and a fairly bad wrap... Can anyone of us here actually say that any other Company besides Apple that you know is going through all the lenghts that they are with the Open Letter from Tim Cook and the store retail employees getting involved in helping and not to mention the forethought to putting a "Report Problem" link in the app itself, I have to say that this says what Apple is all about when Steve Jobs ran the company, Now Tim Cook and into the future. I am proud to own the products that this company keeps putting out and will not sway from Apple.

TheDeej

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Another immigrant from the Crackberry site here.

I was reluctant to give up a physical keyboard but when I got and iPod Touch, slowly but surely, I got used to the keyboard. While I was happy with the Torch, I was increasingly unhappy with trying to zoom in and read text. I don't have the best eyesight and when I was scrolling down or zooming in the redraw time on the screen was getting on my nerves.

I've had my 4S for a couple of weeks now, and while I had to downsize some apps and music due to only being able to afford the 16GB model, I am keeping all my music and videos on my 63GB iPod Touch. the only downside is uncompressed date streams so I had to increase my data plan.

I loved my Blackberrys, but it was time to move on.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Another immigrant from the Crackberry site here.

I was reluctant to give up a physical keyboard but when I got and iPod Touch, slowly but surely, I got used to the keyboard. While I was happy with the Torch, I was increasingly unhappy with trying to zoom in and read text. I don't have the best eyesight and when I was scrolling down or zooming in the redraw time on the screen was getting on my nerves.

I've had my 4S for a couple of weeks now, and while I had to downsize some apps and music due to only being able to afford the 16GB model, I am keeping all my music and videos on my 63GB iPod Touch. the only downside is uncompressed date streams so I had to increase my data plan.

I loved my Blackberrys, but it was time to move on.

I don't mean to sound this way...lol:eek: but your post sounds a bit confusing and I presume you mean a 64GB Touch?? Anyway are you saying that overall you are a converted BB user and now love the IOS platform and Apple as much as the rest of us complainers?? lol

I hope you do because you came to the right place to talk IOS. Most of us, it just plain damn works for us so I hope it does for you too and welcome to the forums.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Exactly how many songs do you have? I have the 16GB model as well and have apps and probably 200 songs on my phone and I am fine on space.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods