So along with others my battery life is terrible after OS6. I want to restore as new...what is the best way people have found to get all their apps back the way they were as far as the folders and such? Is there no way to restore just the apps or the ones installed etc?
    09-26-2012 03:27 PM
    So along with others my battery life is terrible after OS6. I want to restore as new...what is the best way people have found to get all their apps back the way they were as far as the folders and such? Is there no way to restore just the apps or the ones installed etc?
    I suggest you plug your device to your computer and restore as new via iTunes. Afterwards, simply fire up the App Store app on your device, go to the updates section and when the word, "Purchased", appear I. The screen, select it. It will display every app and game you've ever downloaded using the Apple ID you signed in with. From there, just re-download the ones you want. You will NOT have to re-pay for apps you've already paid for.
    John Yester likes this.
    09-26-2012 04:22 PM
    I suggest you plug your device to your computer and restore as new via iTunes. Afterwards, simply fire up the App Store app on your device, go to the updates section and when the word, "Purchased", appear I. The screen, select it. It will display every app and game you've ever downloaded using the Apple ID you signed in with. From there, just re-download the ones you want. You will NOT have to re-pay for apps you've already paid for.
    No offense but when you're like me and have hundreds of apps, all meticulously organized into folders, this isn't exactly an ideal solution.
    09-29-2012 11:25 AM
    No offense but when you're like me and have hundreds of apps, all meticulously organized into folders, this isn't exactly an ideal solution.
    No offense taken and you're right, it isn't "ideal", but if you want a better chance at resolving problems, restoring and resetting the device as new has proven to be very effective in my experience.
    09-29-2012 11:38 AM
    No offense taken and you're right, it isn't "ideal", but if you want a better chance at resolving problems, restoring and resetting the device as new has proven to be very effective in my experience.
    Yeah it's worked for me in the past as well. It was a huge pain but it did work. I found it was faster to sync my apps with itunes rather than redownloading them all from the phone. I just went through itunes, deleted the ones I didn't want to be on my phone, then clicked sync. Voila!
    09-29-2012 02:28 PM
    Yeah it's worked for me in the past as well. It was a huge pain but it did work. I found it was faster to sync my apps with itunes rather than redownloading them all from the phone. I just went through itunes, deleted the ones I didn't want to be on my phone, then clicked sync. Voila!
    Oh I concur 100%. My focus is on restoring to solve a problem with an unknown cause. Know what i mean? Other than that, re-syncing is definitely the way to go.
    09-29-2012 02:38 PM
    No cables for me. I have done restoe as new a couple times. just works better for me. But both ways work.
    09-29-2012 05:19 PM