Unlocking your phone

freddmc

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem with my ipone 4s in so far as I signed a 3 yr contract with Telus(Canada)a few months ago and now find that the reception for this carrier in a local I want to operate in is VERY poor. I haven't talked to Telus yet (although I did call them but after being on hold for 25 minutes the customer service person couldn't hear me and hung up)about cancelling the contract but am not hopeful they would do it. So I was wondering if it would be possible to unlock the phone and put in a sim card from another carrier that has better reception in this area. I attend trade shows in this area so the use from an alternate carrier would only be for about 6 weeks per year. I think I can get a pay-as-you-go plan.
My question are
1. Is this even possible to do?
2. Would I be able to use the same phone number for both carriers?

Thanks for any help you might ptrovide

Regardss

Fred

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You absolutely wouldn't be able to use the same phone number. However, you can get it unlocked providing you're willing to spend about $30. See the couple of threads on unlocks and you'll find links to companies doing it - including a forum contest offering a daily unlock for free.

freddmc

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to a couple of local phone" unlocker" guys. One said he could do an unlock for $40 but it would not do data and only voice. The other guy said for $100 he can do a factory unlock which still gives me ALL the phone capabilities. He indicated he applies to Apple for some codes (or something?) and needs the phone for a day to do this.
Does this sound legit. I'm not worried about the $100 but I am wondering if there are any downsides to doing this.
Both of these guys were recommended by the Telus (local carrier)store.

Thanks

Fred

Thanks

Fred

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods