iMessage without a mobile plan.

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Since the new iPhone is out we are seeing 4 and 4S on craigslist for decent prices. We were thinking about getting the kids iPod Touch's for Christmas, but maybe just get them the phone with more storage for less and let them use them wifi only. But is it possible to iMessage without a phone number attached to the account. Set up is different from first look compared to how my wife's iPad is compared to my iPhone. Thanks for any advice.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You can iMessage without a SIM card/phone number on an ipod touch. If it is for the kids I don't see the need for an iPhone.

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
iMessage is not cellular constrained. It is done through Apple's servers. You can use an iPhone, iPod and iPad to send messages through iMessage as long as all the devices are on iOS 5. I send messages from my iPhone 4 to my daughter's iPad when she's at home on WiFi.

aaliyahtopp

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site
Help me please

How do I send iMessages on an iOS 10.3.3. Because I am trying to text my dad and it's not working. I have an iPhone 5s but I don't have a Sim card so somebody please tell me how to work iMessage with out needing a Sim card. thank you

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods