Anyone trade in their 4S for an apple store credit?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if anyone actually traded in their iphone 4S to get an apple credit (to use towards the iphone 5, or whatever really)... ???

Apple Recycling Program

Wondering if the quotes they give actually correlate with the value they actually give you after they receive the unit.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Sure - but I want to know if you actually end up getting $285 for your iPhone - per your example - of if they end up giving less per the "fine print". ie is what you get quoted (assuming honest assessment) what you get or are people typically getting less than quoted?

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey LCW
According to a latest survey over 70 percent of iPhone 4S users are willing to make a switch for iPhone 5. They are either selling their devices on shopping websites like eBay and other or adapting Apple's exchange program. Apple is providing nice price for those used iPhone that are in good condition, and there is no doubt that Apple will pay what they have announced, but the condition of the device matters as Apple will introduce them in the market for resale after complete checkup.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You will get the estimate to the penny as long as what you described is exactly what they receive...if you have scratches but you claim no scratches (and keep in mind they detailedly ask about light scratches), you'll get a bit less than what was offered...this will incrementally go down with the different questions if you answer dishonestly.

That said...you'd have to be some kind of desperate fool to take $285 for the iPhone 4S. You can sell your iPhone 4S 16GB in perfect condition right now on eBay for around $400. It will sell almost immediately, and if you have an unlocked version, expect even higher profit. I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to throw nearly $100+ away for the sake of convenience (which still really doesn't make sense because you still have to ship it off and you have to wait for them to review your product before you get the credit).

And one last thing...the company that runs that program is not Apple, it's a company called PowerON (which does all kinds of consumer electronics recycling). Just thought some people might want to know that since im guessing the idea that Apple some how is controlling this recycling program might make some people more inclined to do it, when essentially, you're just working with a 3rd party, and might as well sell it for what it's actually worth.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yep, it's easier to use ebay. You get the money sooner. Plus you get what you want for it and don't have your iphone "judged" by someone. If you're like most, you got accessories to include to help the price.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I won't be trading in my iPhone 4S. I have a 64 GB and what they are offering for the buy back program doesn't even cover the subsidized price I paid for it. Plus, I would be looking at getting another 64 GB iPhone which would probably cost around $850. That means I would still have to shell out another $500 excluding what I would have to pay for new accessories. That makes it definitely not worth the trouble for me. I will keep my 4S and wait for the 5S. By that time, there should be a lot more accessories available for that hardware model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

samthelegoman1

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Heh, the 5 hasnt even come out yet and people are already talking about buying the 5S. Chances are, Apple's already made the 5S and is just waiting for the dough to roll in for the next 2 years

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You will get the estimate to the penny as long as what you described is exactly what they receive...if you have scratches but you claim no scratches (and keep in mind they detailedly ask about light scratches), you'll get a bit less than what was offered...this will incrementally go down with the different questions if you answer dishonestly.

That said...you'd have to be some kind of desperate fool to take $285 for the iPhone 4S. You can sell your iPhone 4S 16GB in perfect condition right now on eBay for around $400. It will sell almost immediately, and if you have an unlocked version, expect even higher profit. I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to throw nearly $100+ away for the sake of convenience (which still really doesn't make sense because you still have to ship it off and you have to wait for them to review your product before you get the credit).

And one last thing...the company that runs that program is not Apple, it's a company called PowerON (which does all kinds of consumer electronics recycling). Just thought some people might want to know that since im guessing the idea that Apple some how is controlling this recycling program might make some people more inclined to do it, when essentially, you're just working with a 3rd party, and might as well sell it for what it's actually worth.

All good points... Especially the last one that it's really a 3rd party and NOT Apple... I guess I didn't really look into the current market for 4S's... much high than I would have thought... Ebay it is...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2