thinking of giving an iphone a try. will i be able to integrate my google account into an iphone? it has all my addresses and calendar entries and whatnot. i don't want to have to re enter everything. i know google and apple are not on friendly terms so i'm not sure if this can be done on an iphone. thanks.
    09-05-2012 04:27 AM
    If you have jailbreaked your iphone then it's so simple because there are many apps that will let you do that. If not , don't worry download the iGoogle app for iPhone . I think it will solve your problem.
    09-05-2012 07:43 AM
    No need to be jailbroken or download an app. Just set up google sync for the iPhone (m.google.com/sync) then add it as an exchange account. Completely native and very easy to do.
    FendrGuitPlayr likes this.
    09-05-2012 08:18 AM
    oh ok. it's doable without any hacking. so that means that every contact i add, every calendar even i add and such will be automatically saved to my google account right?
    09-06-2012 10:21 PM
    Yep. Google sync is the way to go...
    09-06-2012 10:34 PM
    oh ok. it's doable without any hacking. so that means that every contact i add, every calendar even i add and such will be automatically saved to my google account right?
    That's correct...exactly what I do :-)
    09-06-2012 10:34 PM
    Yep, it's easy. I recently went from droid to iPhone and am very please with the transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-06-2012 10:44 PM
    I also came from Android and through Google Sync I still have all my Google Contacts and all of my calendar items are still through Google Calendar. Easy to do, and works well.
    09-07-2012 08:45 AM
    i will wait to see what the next iphone is then decide. i've gotten used to the bigger screen. >_<
    09-08-2012 03:13 AM
    Aye aye! Welcome onboard son!
    09-08-2012 05:23 AM
    Set it up as exchange and your good to go.

http://support.google.com/mobile/bin...&answer=138740

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S
    09-08-2012 08:10 AM
    i setup my email/calendar through exchange...... but disabled contacts to update that way.

for contacts i got an app called 'contacts sync'.... it helps me keep the groups in sync too. thats one feature that i missed that exchange setup didn't provide.
    09-08-2012 11:10 AM
    If, like me, you have multiple google calendars, just know Exchange applies random colors to the calendars, on each device. I've been able to get the colors I want by enabling and disabling calendars one at a time until the right random color comes up. Just do at m.google.com/sync. PITA, but gets me there eventually. For all its weirdness, iCloud calendars sync across all iOS devices and Macs to include colors without all the nonsense.
    09-08-2012 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD