wow! this 4S in my hand is feeling pretty dated right now

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a free upgrade on my account for anything but an iPhone. I have to wait until September for that. I chose to get an iPhone off a friend. I still don't like android that much on my nexus tablet but its a good sturdy tablet.

I came from a blackberry and if any of you know me from crackberry you know I've been a blackberry fan for years.

Bb10 wasn't cutting it for me and my 9900 was dying. I figured iOS was my next option.

So in reply to the op the 4s doesn't feel dated to me.

In reply to the above posters. Gs3 is way better than a 4 but a 4s I feel is on par with a ga3. I could only imagine what a 5 would be like speed wise. I don't need one so I won't get one. I'm a practical kind if person.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a free upgrade on my account for anything but an iPhone. I have to wait until September for that. I chose to get an iPhone off a friend. I still don't like android that much on my nexus tablet but its a good sturdy tablet.

I came from a blackberry and if any of you know me from crackberry you know I've been a blackberry fan for years.

Bb10 wasn't cutting it for me and my 9900 was dying. I figured iOS was my next option.

So in reply to the op the 4s doesn't feel dated to me.

In reply to the above posters. Gs3 is way better than a 4 but a 4s I feel is on par with a ga3. I could only imagine what a 5 would be like speed wise. I don't need one so I won't get one. I'm a practical kind if person.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

eve6er69 it's good to see you here on iMore. I was a longtime BB user too. I decided last year to give iOS a try. I bought a new 4S and haven't looked back. Enjoy your 4S and welcome to iMore!

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine is starting to hang & freeze for a few seconds here & there. From switching pages on the launcher screen (I.e. home screen) to sending messages.... We're talking 5 seconds or more. Unveil the new iphone so I can decide what to do, please.

by1333

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a 4 on ATT and now a 4s on sprint.. 2 many areas where i live that my data service just hangs... phone calls are ok but when trying to use the WEB, boy do I miss my ATT service.. but not the price.

JoyfulHeart35

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Well the iPhone 4S is my first apple phone and since coming from blackberry I think it's pretty awesome!!!! Sooo I'm not worry about it feeling dated

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

I still have my Galaxy Nexus running cyanogenmod, but its just crap next to my 4S. Its buggy, laggy, and Samsung screens just plain suck next to any iPhone since the 4.

I used Android until the 4s and went through 4 phones in less than 2 years. I learned my lesson - big screen doesn't equal good phone. The 4s is the only phone I've ever had for more than a year (going on 20 months now) and still love it. Every droid phone (and I've tried them all) just feels like garbage in comparison even though the HTC One comes close.

Maybe when Samung comes out with a 32 core CPU they can fix their lag and come close to the 4s. But only if they get a clue and get a decent screen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The 4S was definetly one of Apples best iPhones. Sometimes I miss its smaller size over my iPhone 5. I plan on upgrading my sons 3GS to a 4S for his Birthday.

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I still have my Galaxy Nexus running cyanogenmod, but its just crap next to my 4S. Its buggy, laggy, and Samsung screens just plain suck next to any iPhone since the 4.

I used Android until the 4s and went through 4 phones in less than 2 years. I learned my lesson - big screen doesn't equal good phone. The 4s is the only phone I've ever had for more than a year (going on 20 months now) and still love it. Every droid phone (and I've tried them all) just feels like garbage in comparison even though the HTC One comes close.

Maybe when Samung comes out with a 32 core CPU they can fix their lag and come close to the 4s. But only if they get a clue and get a decent screen.

If being locked down is your cup of tea then fine. And my 1.2ghz duel core victory doesn't lag either.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I remember playing around with my wife's 4S when she got it and thinking, "this phone is snappy". That was after fooling around with my coworker's 3S mind you. Now I have a 5 and my wife's actually feels slow now. It's funny how things can change when something new comes out. Cannot think how the iPhone can be any faster, but I'm sure that will change when the 5S is released.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2