wow! this 4S in my hand is feeling pretty dated right now

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
how's the battery performance been on your GS3?

It's been tremendous. I'm actually sitting down now about to reactivate the 5 I think. It's so weird that the Galaxy is great but there's something about iOS that keeps pulling me back in. Lol

Im routinely getting 8.5-9 hours on 50% of my battery.

Last edited:

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's been tremendous. I'm actually sitting down now about to reactivate the 5 I think. It's so weird that the Galaxy is great but there's something about iOS that keeps pulling me back in. Lol

I feel what bring you back is the solidness of the os and maybe the simplicity gs3 is cool but it so much junk in the os

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel what bring you back is the solidness of the os and maybe the simplicity gs3 is cool but it so much junk in the os
I'm not sure. I think I needed to just get it out of my system. Couldn't activate though as when I put in my old SIM number it didn't work and Verizon customer service closes at 11.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a longtime Blackberry loyal user, went from the 9930 to 4S last November and haven't looked back. The 4S is a great device, solid all around. Love the simplicity of iOS and that everything just works. No more experimenting with different carrier OS's.

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I find the SIII to have poor signal on Verizon. I love the hardware, but greatly prefer the LCD on the HTC 1X to the SIII screen.

In general, I find BB, Apple (only since the 4s lol) and Motorola have far superior signal strength. Samsung and HTC seem to put out inconsistent products in terms if signal, and that experience is only in Verizon for me. Maybe GSM is a different game.

I need my phone to be a good phone first and foremost. The 5 has rocked in this area for me.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I find the SIII to have poor signal on Verizon. I love the hardware, but greatly prefer the LCD on the HTC 1X to the SIII screen.

In general, I find BB, Apple (only since the 4s lol) and Motorola have far superior signal strength. Samsung and HTC seem to put out inconsistent products in terms if signal, and that experience is only in Verizon for me. Maybe GSM is a different game.

I need my phone to be a good phone first and foremost. The 5 has rocked in this area for me.

I really had no issues with the signal strength. It was actually quite good.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
True that's why I like how apple is running it one device a year with updates still running smooth

That was a thought I was having Saturday when contemplating reactivating my 5...the support I'd have from Apple over time. The GSIII is great but with the Note II out and now the GSIV, how long before root is your only option for software updates. I'm over the rooting scene and see no purpose the JB my iPhone.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That was a thought I was having Saturday when contemplating reactivating my 5...the support I'd have from Apple over time. The GSIII is great but with the Note II out and now the GSIV, how long before root is your only option for software updates. I'm over the rooting scene and see no purpose the JB my iPhone.

Jailbreaking makes a world of a difference On your iPhone tho so many tweaks and apps to make it better its makes the iPhone worth it

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreaking makes a world of a difference On your iPhone tho so many tweaks and apps to make it better its makes the iPhone worth it

I'm a simple man and typically don't long for the tweaks when I'm using my iPhone. Every now and again I wish there was a quick way to launch right into the battery usage/standby stats but I get over it. Lol

MrszBerry

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I just put my note 2 on ebay. I just don't use all of the features on the note. And I miss my iphone. Now that jailbreak is out I miss it even more. Lol I just hope that I don't regret going back to the iphone 5.

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I too jumped over from a blackberry 9930 to the 4 and now on the 4S. I'm not a fan of the oversized screens, although I secretly lust after them (love watching videos on my mobile device and there's something about the extra screen real estate that's pleasing to the eye)...I'm patienty waiting to see if the Z10 stacks up to my needs and then, MAYBE, I MIGHT make the switch. But until then, the 4S is a great handset for me. It does everything for me and then some! beauty and elegance in simplicity.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I just put my note 2 on ebay. I just don't use all of the features on the note. And I miss my iphone. Now that jailbreak is out I miss it even more. Lol I just hope that I don't regret going back to the iphone 5.

I had the Note 2 as well. It is an awesome device but I certainly understand where you are coming from. I had to come back to iOS too. There were just a fe things that didn't work properly on Android that would drive me nuts. Had to go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro