wow! this 4S in my hand is feeling pretty dated right now

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
A couple points of personal observations. The members of this forum are much more mature than those on the Android forum. My first S3 was badly defective, when I explained my problem, very few helpful posts but many juvenile responses and attacks. My second S3 did work great and I even expressed after the lawsuit that I would never return to Apple. My son bought my S3 today and I am back to my iPhone 4S and I am thrilled!

I love the 4S! With the exception of my son, my entire family uses iPhones. It fits with my PB, and my New iPad! I love iCloud and I am glad I am back.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
for those of you that used it how was the battery performance?

this could be one of the deciding factors whether i get it or not

I used both an s3 and the 4s and think the s3 is a little better when you actually use the phone. If it's just standing by or not using very much then the 4s is a little better. If you really hammer either they are going to drain fast, but with the larger screen and lte it really is pretty impressive battery life. Hopefully the next iphone if it has lte has a little better battery life than the 4s did. My 4 had better battery than the 4s did.

Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I am also tired of having to search for alternatives for stock apps and functions. It just bothers me to buy a phone and because the stock keyboard is barely useable, I have to buy another one from the Google Play store to replace it. I can understand having choices and preferring other things, but when the first option that comes stock on the phone doesn't work out of the box, that's a problem.

and stuff like this would keep me from making the switch - smh

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes I feel that Android is heading to a point where one day you an Android device will only have one app and that's the Google Play store and you will have to customize everything yourself. I think that it has been Android's excuse to allow some things to not work. The mindset seems to be if you don't like it, root your phone or replace that function with another app from the Google Play store.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jimbo897

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought the same. Bought the S3 and after about 2 weeks I took it back. Just wasn't the same. Our house is so automated in Apple and it just didn't feel the same.
Understand completely. I'm jealous of the big screen on the Galaxy III.... but the idea of futzing around with Android gives me the chills. Apple really needs to come through with a big beautiful screen on the new phone...

Market has already spoken and bigger (is) better for many people

jimbo897

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I feel that Android is heading to a point where one day you an Android device will only have one app and that's the Google Play store and you will have to customize everything yourself. I think that it has been Android's excuse to allow some things to not work. The mindset seems to be if you don't like it, root your phone or replace that function with another app from the Google Play store.

Well, that is the philosophy behind Android. They believe that people should become more technical and thus will be able to get technology to "do more" for them. The people at Google live inside their one-way mirror without sales/marketing/average people for so long they forget that most people don't want to invest time making their device work for them. We just want it to work and cater to our needs.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, that is the philosophy behind Android. They believe that people should become more technical and thus will be able to get technology to "do more" for them. The people at Google live inside their one-way mirror without sales/marketing/average people for so long they forget that most people don't want to invest time making their device work for them. We just want it to work and cater to our needs.
And I get that too. When I had Android devices it was cool customizing. But that only lasted for a short while for me. After that it became exhausting. Out of all of the Android devices that I have had, I have never been completely satisfied with any of them. I was always looking forward to the next device being better suited for me.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
And I get that too. When I had Android devices it was cool customizing. But that only lasted for a short while for me. After that it became exhausting. Out of all of the Android devices that I have had, I have never been completely satisfied with any of them. I was always looking forward to the next device being better suited for me.

Yeah that happened with me. I had 4 android devices before coming back to the iPhone. My last device was the galaxy nexus and I had it rooted, I was flashing a new rom and kernel almost everyday trying to find the perfect combo for stellar battery life. I love Android but I just wanted to come back to the stability and use ability that is Apple.

Beamed from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

SCdudeBro

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
These were all very informative post everybody. Thank you for all your honest input. I've been looking into a S3 and was highly contemplating making the change. After reading this thread it reminded me why I haven't jailbroken my 4s yet. Instability. There is something to be said about the way apple devices work. I think I will hold off on the S3 for now. I think the only real reason I'm contemplating it is because I want a bigger screen and iOS is getting boring.

Maybe I just need to move my apps around and change my wallpaper...:rolleyes:

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
These were all very informative post everybody. Thank you for all your honest input. I've been looking into a S3 and was highly contemplating making the change. After reading this thread it reminded me why I haven't jailbroken my 4s yet. Instability. There is something to be said about the way apple devices work. I think I will hold off on the S3 for now. I think the only real reason I'm contemplating it is because I want a bigger screen and iOS is getting boring.

Maybe I just need to move my apps around and change my wallpaper...:rolleyes:

Thats the exact reason i switched to the s3. I got bored of the iphone and ios, im not saying apple is inferior its just sorta boring. I havent had any issues with my S3 that ive read about in here and every app i had on my 4s is back on my S3. If your into a very personalised phone then maybe the s3 is for you. The battery is better than my 4s the screen is simply amazing and i love just how customized my phone is now. That being said if your happy with what you have or happy with what apple are about to bring out then by all means stick with them. Having already used ios6 and reading that the biggest upgrade for the new iphone was a slightly bigger screen then i figured it was time to change.

Tap'n like a BOSS

Reactions: CH1N087

Harper_x10

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
As far as the phone and specs it's great!! Android just doesn't seem to do it for me. And I also think about next year when will samsung and the carriers decide to release the newest android update. Just got Ics on my galaxy 2 now jellybean is out. Doubt we see that anytime soon. I'll keep my 4s! :)

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I enjoy the "boring" nature of the iOS. It is complicated enough to do everything you need, yet simple enough to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
When I had the S3 I did love it. Like I said before though, we are so invested in Apple around our house it didn't work. The simple use of just FaceTime with my parents so they can see their grandbaby was enough for me I think to switch back. Sure, there are other options on Android but it's just not the same. I thought I'd love it being that I came from Android before coming to the 4. Rooted it and loaded CM10 on it and it was extremely smooth. Decided I'll just get the Nexus 7 I think to get my Android fix.

Yjaybrooks

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Came from android and I hated the way my droid freezes and how viruses would slow it down
Don't have to worry about that with apple just wish my 4s would last two days with heavy use tho

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
When I had the S3 I did love it. Like I said before though, we are so invested in Apple around our house it didn't work. The simple use of just FaceTime with my parents so they can see their grandbaby was enough for me I think to switch back. Sure, there are other options on Android but it's just not the same. I thought I'd love it being that I came from Android before coming to the 4. Rooted it and loaded CM10 on it and it was extremely smooth. Decided I'll just get the Nexus 7 I think to get my Android fix.

You have expressed my sentiments exactly! Except I will stick to my iPad!

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thats the exact reason i switched to the s3. I got bored of the iphone and ios, im not saying apple is inferior its just sorta boring. I havent had any issues with my S3 that ive read about in here and every app i had on my 4s is back on my S3. If your into a very personalised phone then maybe the s3 is for you. The battery is better than my 4s the screen is simply amazing and i love just how customized my phone is now. That being said if your happy with what you have or happy with what apple are about to bring out then by all means stick with them. Having already used ios6 and reading that the biggest upgrade for the new iphone was a slightly bigger screen then i figured it was time to change.

Tap'n like a BOSS

I have heard people say that iOS is boring before. I guess I really don't understand what they mean by that. I could never get bored of my iPhone. I don't like to spend my time customizing it. I spend my time using it. And using it never gets boring. All of the cool apps allow me to stay entertained.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have heard people say that iOS is boring before. I guess I really don't understand what they mean by that. I could never get bored of my iPhone. I don't like to spend my time customizing it. I spend my time using it. And using it never gets boring. All of the cool apps allow me to stay entertained.

It gets boring because of the restrictions apple puts on it. There's only so many different ways of setting it up. Hence the reason people jailbreak. I love using my S3 with my awesome screen, fully customized the way i want it not the way apple want it. I loved my iphone and it was hard to change but im glad i did.

Tap'n like a BOSS

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It gets boring because of the restrictions apple puts on it. There's only so many different ways of setting it up. Hence the reason people jailbreak. I love using my S3 with my awesome screen, fully customized the way i want it not the way apple want it. I loved my iphone and it was hard to change but im glad i did.

Tap'n like a BOSS

I guess that's my point. Customizing my phone isn't fun to me. That would get boring. Using the phone is what keeps me entertained. When I had Android devices, I spent the first day setting it up and I didn't think about customization after that. I just used the phone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Y'all and your android love... You do know that the MobileNations family has this place where you can express your techno-love for your device of choice called Android Central, right?

Why some people insist upon coming here to scream "Tastes Great!" in a room full of people who prefer "Less Filling" is a complete mystery to me. The absolute LAST THING ON THE FREAKIN' PLANET I would do is sign-up on Android Central to go to their forum and profess affinity for Apple products... but hey, I'm weird... :eek:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner