Yea, he txs and does FB, with some emails through out the day as well. No twitter tho. As for your signal at work in th building, now that could be challenging. I know when I go to the malls around here, because the walls are so dense my battery looses quite a few percent while I'm there, which can't be helped. Hopefully for you at work tomorrow will prove to be a good battery performance on the sgs3
    Yeah, I'm extremely hopeful that it will make it through the entire work day without having to charge. Even if it struggles I know that outside of work it'll last me all day so I'm already pretty satisfied.

Aside from battery life I'll say that this GS3 is VERY iPhone'ish and that's a good thing. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-01-2012 07:50 PM
    Ended up having to put some charge on at around 2:30 down to 28% but with my signal struggling in the building I'm fine with that. The funny thing though Pink is that I'm back to checking batt stats. LOL. I'm done with that as of right now as well. Might keep the batt percentage turned on though.
    10-02-2012 03:56 PM
    Ended up having to put some charge on at around 2:30 down to 28% but with my signal struggling in the building I'm fine with that. The funny thing though Pink is that I'm back to checking batt stats. LOL. I'm done with that as of right now as well. Might keep the batt percentage turned on though.
    Ok, well plugging in at 2:30 with the sgs3 at 28%, compared to needing to plug in at what time & percent with the 4S in the same atmosphere? So are you getting better battery life with the s3 then? With the signal struggling inside the building, thats not unheard of, of course you know that

As for you checking those batt stats again, we're gonna have to send you to battery stat intervention LOL

(maybe keeping the % off might help your anxiety a bit with it too )

---------- Post Merged at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Ok, well plugging in at 2:30 with the sgs3 at 28%, compared to needing to plug in at what time & percent with the 4S in the same atmosphere? So are you getting better battery life with the s3 then? With the signal struggling inside the building, thats not unheard of, of course you know that

As for you checking those batt stats again, we're gonna have to send you to battery stat intervention LOL

10-02-2012 04:09 PM

Well, I typically wouldn't plug in the iPhone until I got the 20% warning IF I got the warning ! When I plugged in today in was in the yellow ! Slightly worse battery life than the 4S but sufficient ! I definitely used the S3 a good bit today.

I think I might turn the percentage off again. Lol only thing is, this phone doesn't give you a warning at a certain percentage. Well, maybe it does but at 28% the indicator turns yellow so I charge then. I haven't let it go into the red. LOL 28% is actually an odd number. Maybe there's something to be said for that. LOL

10-02-2012 04:35 PM
    Well, I typically wouldn't plug in the iPhone until I got the 20% warning IF I got the warning ! When I plugged in today in was in the yellow ! Slightly worse battery life than the 4S but sufficient ! I definitely used the S3 a good bit today.

I think I might turn the percentage off again. Lol only thing is, this phone doesn't give you a warning at a certain percentage. Well, maybe it does but at 28% the indicator turns yellow so I charge then. I haven't let it go into the red. LOL 28% is actually an odd number. Maybe there's something to be said for that. LOL

Ok so at least you had a good turn out today and yeah, 28% is kinda of an odd point to hit the yellow zone lol. I wonder what percent the red zone puts you in?!? 18%? Lol.

---------- Post Merged at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Ok so at least you had a good turn out today and yeah, 28% is kinda of an odd point to hit the yellow zone lol. I wonder what percent the red zone puts you in?!? 18%? Lol.
    10-02-2012 07:32 PM

Yeah, tomorrow I'll try it with the percentage off like I was going on the 4S and also not look at the battery stats! Shoot, I'm gonna start right now...

10-02-2012 07:56 PM
    Started the day with the percentage on but turned it off at 70 percent. Got to just after 3:00 before the indicator went yellow. Unplugged this morning at around 6:45. I'm happy with what I'm getting with this device thus far. I'm sure you would get really good life out of yours Pink because I'm sure you don't pound on your device like I do mine. LOL

10-03-2012 03:20 PM
    Started the day with the percentage on but turned it off at 70 percent. Got to just after 3:00 before the indicator went yellow. Unplugged this morning at around 6:45. I'm happy with what I'm getting with this device thus far. I'm sure you would get really good life out of yours Pink because I'm sure you don't pound on your device like I do mine. LOL

LOL, no i most likely dont. overall from 630am today i'm up to about 2-1/2 - 3hrs. of usage as of now, and as late in the day as it is, probably wont be much more now either.

Well, i'm glad to hear your enjoying the sgs3 as of now, and that battery life is good for you I'm still on the fence about it, but at this point, i'm just about more leaning towards staying with my 4S, but eventually going to the i5. I just really like the way the 4S & iOS works for me
    10-03-2012 06:13 PM
    LOL, no i most likely dont. overall from 630am today i'm up to about 2-1/2 - 3hrs. of usage as of now, and as late in the day as it is, probably wont be much more now either.

Well, i'm glad to hear your enjoying the sgs3 as of now, and that battery life is good for you I'm still on the fence about it, but at this point, i'm just about more leaning towards staying with my 4S, but eventually going to the i5. I just really like the way the 4S & iOS works for me
    Cool! I think the only thing I miss right now is the music integration! Both platforms are really nice but the total Google integration has me right now with my gmail being primary and all!

10-03-2012 06:33 PM
    Cool! I think the only thing I miss right now is the music integration! Both platforms are really nice but the total Google integration has me right now with my gmail being primary and all!

Ahhhh...see i dont and have never used google email, nothing of the sort. So for someone like you, who does, the ecosystem as far as the google world goes works for you awesome!

Now for music, your not able to drag & drop onto the sgs3? I would imagine that you can, but i guess your referring more to the itunes store to buy and directly download? something like that? or store it in the cloud ??
    10-03-2012 06:38 PM
    Ahhhh...see i dont and have never used google email, nothing of the sort. So for someone like you, who does, the ecosystem as far as the google world goes works for you awesome!

Now for music, your not able to drag & drop onto the sgs3? I would imagine that you can, but i guess your referring more to the itunes store to buy and directly download? something like that? or store it in the cloud ??
    Yes, I can drag and drop but my iTunes ready car stereo, my Apple TV, AirPlay radio...

10-03-2012 07:07 PM
    So you switched to a GS3 despite getting worse battery life than your 4S and having a whole Apple ecosystem with your other devices... So this made sense how exactly? Lol

Trust me - once the novelty wears off you'll be either back to your 4S or holding a nice shiny new 5 in your hands.
    10-03-2012 07:23 PM
    @ mistah_mumford: There's an app in the Android Market called Music Manager. It will let you bring all your music from iTunes, into your Android device. Also i hear that DoubleTwist works great, but i haven't tried it. I've also been checking out that SGS3. Pretty sweet!
    10-03-2012 07:26 PM
    So you switched to a GS3 despite getting worse battery life than your 4S and having a whole Apple ecosystem with your other devices... So this made sense how exactly? Lol

Trust me - once the novelty wears off you'll be either back to your 4S or holding a nice shiny new 5 in your hands.
    Maybe, maybe not

10-03-2012 07:45 PM
    @ mistah_mumford: There's an app in the Android Market called Music Manager. It will let you bring all your music from iTunes, into your Android device. Also i hear that DoubleTwist works great, but i haven't tried it. I've also been checking out that SGS3. Pretty sweet!
    Cool, thanks for the tip!

10-03-2012 07:48 PM
    @ mistah_mumford: No problemo. Let me know how that SGS3 is working out.
    10-03-2012 07:53 PM
    @ mistah_mumford: No problemo. Let me know how that SGS3 is working out.
    I sure will

10-03-2012 08:06 PM
    Here's my two cents.

For what the iPhone does, it does it better. App store, music, UI, troubleshooting ease, accessories, its all better. The only place where Android wins is where Apple doesn't compete in. Now Androids are a lot more feature packed, but what wins me over with iPhone is that the core experience is much better. To really learn all the ins and outs of an Android system it will take time I don't want to spend learning it. With iOS everything is just common sense. 
    10-04-2012 03:19 AM
    Here's my two cents.

For what the iPhone does, it does it better. App store, music, UI, troubleshooting ease, accessories, its all better. The only place where Android wins is where Apple doesn't compete in. Now Androids are a lot more feature packed, but what wins me over with iPhone is that the core experience is much better. To really learn all the ins and outs of an Android system it will take time I don't want to spend learning it. With iOS everything is just common sense. 
    Excellent point. I can attest to the ease with which I picked up in iOS when I originally made the jump from Android to iOS.

10-04-2012 05:52 AM
    can somebody give me a list of what androd does that IOS doesnt do?

I love my 4s but can be convinced to switch ..
    10-04-2012 07:49 AM
    For me, it's all about the customizations. I used to have to jailbreak my iPhone to get it to look the way that i wanted it to. Not so, with the Android. Upgrades to the IOS, always deleted my jailbreak, and i was not too fond of that. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a great phone, and if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. If you want to be convinced to switch to Android, then read up on them in the Android Forums, or go to your cell provider, and have one of the reps explain it to you. Good luck.
    10-04-2012 08:07 AM
    It's getting better daily. Now it's 4:20 and still haven't hit the yellow and I'm headed home for the day!!!!

Oops, just turned yellow but that's an hour later than yesterday. Lol

10-04-2012 04:21 PM
    Gotta say like others I'm loving going through this thread! Everyone is so nice about each others opinions and I love reading what some of you like and don't like on each device

I've been back and forth between iPhone and various Androids. I get bored with the iPhone, then switch to an android where I find the battery life to never be as good, and then switch back. Love the easy customization on the android! Don't have to jailbreak or anything for it, one of my absolute favorite things (keeps me from getting too bored :P ).

Recently bought the S3 just to see all the improvements over the years. Have to say I do love this device for the most part, best battery life of any android I've used for sure (still not as good as my trusty iPhone), fast everything, and love the motion actions (calling when in a text message and the screen shot being my most used). I am having a hard time with the screen size though. I have fairly small hands but thought I could handle this beast...maybe not so much haha. Can't reach the top of the screen for the notification bar as easily as I could on other phones (one handed of course) which makes my hand cramp up a little after a while. And after this AT&T update the keyboard doesn't autocorrect for me like it used to. I misspell way more often and have to back track so I don't look like I'm drunk! Hahaha.

Quick question while I'm posting here, does the new iOS 6 slow down the 4s at all? Just wondering as I may switch back.
    10-05-2012 10:24 PM
    And after this AT&T update the keyboard doesn't autocorrect for me like it used to. I misspell way more often and have to back track so I don't look like I'm drunk! Hahaha.
    If your having issues with the keyboard definitely get SwiftKey 3 it makes the keyboard work just like the iphone one and for me was the easiest transition from iphone to S3.

Tap'n Like a boss on my S3
    TeaTimeAlice likes this.
    10-06-2012 01:22 AM
    If your having issues with the keyboard definitely get SwiftKey 3 it makes the keyboard work just like the iphone one and for me was the easiest transition from iphone to S3.

Tap'n Like a boss on my S3
    Just downloaded it and it is very iOS like. Pretty good keyboard.

Tough to say whether it will pull Me away from Swype though. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
    10-06-2012 01:33 AM
257 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD