How Would Siri Be Helpful to People With Vision Problems?

ImFromLA

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
How helpful would the 4S with Sirri be for somebody who has vision problems?

The reason I ask is because my sister has has an eye condition & hates all these new touchscreen smartphones.

She has an old flip phone & she likes that it has the numbers like that because she pretty much has that memorized.

PHONE1.jpg

Could you send text messages or call somebody with Siri? Would it read the text messages to you?

I know she hates having to do that because when she's out walking around or at work she can't see what the phone says without her little magnifying glass.

What about playing music with Siri, could you tell it to play a certain playlist, artists, or genre?

In what other ways would Siri be helpful?

FYI she's not completely blind

thanks in advance

boogaloo1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My friend is completely blind and he uses an iPhone 4. He has "accessibility" turned on. The phone will speak any key press, read e-mail etc. I'm sure it would be even better if he had Siri.

He has an Apple bluetooth keyboard and he uses it to crank out long texts and emails. It would be too tedious to do it with a touch screen with accessibility.

You can dial contacts, dial numbers simply by voice when using Siri. You can also create text, calendar events and alarms.

Time to ditch that old dumbphone. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2