forgot

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
What specifically is slow? The interface? The data connection? Everything? ;)

Is it jailbroken? If so, an you've got lots of tweaks installed, there's a chance one of those could be slowing it down, although I've never personally had that issue in the past.

If not, have you tried rebooting the phone?

Just a few quick troubleshooting tips. If none of those work (or apply), let us know, and we'll see if we can help narrow it down.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Try resetting your network settings. If you are jailbroken and have too many tweaks installed it could slow your device down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If it's a 4S, it's still under the factory 1 year warranty...take it back, swap it for a new one. You only have about a month and a half left, so might as well jump on it while you can.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you bought it in march you still have seven months of warranty, no need to rush here; and before bringing it back to Apple (unless its like two blocks away, in which case I urge you to drop the forums and go straight there), I'd ask just how much you know about how to use it. I mean, I don't want to sound like you don't know what you're doing, but it slowing down can easily be imparted to management. You should perhaps tell us more about what you find to be slow. It could be something simple like too many apps active in the background - although the 4S is hard to slow down in that aspect. It could be that you topped up your storage to its very limit - my friend saw his iP4 slow down when he got to the point he only had a couple of MB's left - but then again I guess the 4S would fare better in that situation, perhaps with no effect at all on speed. Like it was mentionned, if you're jailbroken, it can be many things : bad or outdated package, adding a bad repo, having tweaks or themes that interfers with each other, having too many of them... And perhaps - but I may be way over my head here - it is something in your native settings at large that get the phone to be always searching and working on too many things at the same time. I don't know about that, but I guess if you downloaded hundred of apps and everything is in your notification center (for example) it can really take a toll on speed. And of course it could be a combination of all of that - and else.

Whatever it is, and whatever you need to do, I wish you good luck, and feel free to post more information. And Sean is right, if it's a problem with the device, no need to worry, Apple will see to that.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2