iPhone 4S - iMessage issues 8/20-21:

duff2481

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else is having problems with the iMessages. It started yesterday or the day beofer and now I have no iMessage ability at all. I have powered down, hard resets nothing. I know i'm not the only one as my GF is also experiencing these issues. In fact, she was having her reminders go off all the way through October of this year. Her mother expeirience the same thing. Is anyone else having these types of issues?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
have you tried doing a Reset Network Settings? [Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings]

duff2481

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I sure did. It makes no difference. I think this is more network or service based than my specific device. I did just find one contact that I can try and send a iMessage on (as it is blue) whereas the others are only green, or text message only.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
you might want to call your service provider and see if there might be any network issues in your area?

duff2481

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Blink, it is interesting that the person I can send iMessages to also has a 4S. The two that I cannot are both iphone 4 users.... That is a little odd to me, but the only common denominator I have at this point.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't rule out that Apple may be tweaking things on their end in reply to the recently publicized iMessage exploit. I had a few iMessages that were sent as SMS messages yesterday, but for the most part, it worked as advertised. I've yet to notice any issues with it today.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Blink, it is interesting that the person I can send iMessages to also has a 4S. The two that I cannot are both iphone 4 users.... That is a little odd to me, but the only common denominator I have at this point.

Does the two iPhone 4 users have the latest iOS update or at least iOS 5 and are you certain they have iMessage enabled on their device? If the answer is no to the above, you will not be able to iMessage them and vice-versa.

duff2481

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Does the two iPhone 4 users have the latest iOS update or at least iOS 5 and are you certain they have iMessage enabled on their device? If the answer is no to the above, you will not be able to iMessage them and vice-versa.

They have iMessage and latest iOS5 updates. We have had iMessage for months and months. This started about Monday afternoon.

duff2481

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Don't rule out that Apple may be tweaking things on their end in reply to the recently publicized iMessage exploit. I had a few iMessages that were sent as SMS messages yesterday, but for the most part, it worked as advertised. I've yet to notice any issues with it today.

That thought has come across my mind!!!!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They have iMessage and latest iOS5 updates. We have had iMessage for months and months. This started about Monday afternoon.

Oh, okay. I doubt the problem is hardware related. My guess would be network/ISP related or from Apple's end.

duff2481

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Just sent to another 4S phone and received and sent as iMessage. wondering if they aren't doing something specific with the 4 to prep for iOS6?? Seems a bit odd, but certainly wouldn't put anything past Apple.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just sent to another 4S phone and received and sent as iMessage. wondering if they aren't doing something specific with the 4 to prep for iOS6?? Seems a bit odd, but certainly wouldn't put anything past Apple.

It's possible. Time will eventually tell. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW