Is AppleCare transferrable?

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a 4S and AppleCare + that I got in March. If I sell the phone is the AppleCare transferrable to the new owner?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is.

These are old instructions but I don't think the process has changed:

"You may transfer this Plan to a new owner of the Covered Equipment by sending or faxing notice of transfer to AppleCare Administration, P.O. Box 149125, Austin, TX 78714 ? 9125, U.S. (fax number 512 ? 674 ? 8125). You must provide the Plan Agreement Number, the serial numbers of the Covered Equipment being transferred, proof of purchase of the Plan, and the name, address, telephone number and email address of the new owner."

Hope this info helps. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Rose... here's the current paragraph on Transfer of Plan, taken from my Apple Care documentation (.pdf). The ONLY restriction is that you ge a "... one time, permanent transfer of coverage ...".

10. Transfer of Plan

(i) With Transfer of Covered Equipment to New Owner. Subject to the restrictions set forth below, you may make a one-time permanent transfer of all of your rights under the Plan to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer includes the original Proof of Purchase, the Plan's Confirmation and all of the Plan's packaging material, including printed materials and these Terms and Conditions; (b) you notify Apple of the transfer by sending, faxing or e-mailing notice of transfer to Apple Inc., ATTN: Agreement Administration, MS: 217AC, 2511 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95758, U.S., fax number 916-405-3655 or agmts_transfer@apple.com, respectively; and (c) the party receiving the Plan accepts the Terms and Conditions of the Plan. When notifying Apple of the transfer of the Plan, you must provide the Plan Agreement Number, the serial number of the Covered Equipment being transferred and the name, address, telephone number and email address of the new owner.

(ii) With Transfer From Original Covered Equipment to New Covered Equipment. You may make a one time, permanent transfer of the coverage under the Plan to a new Apple product that is owned and purchased by you within thirty (30) days of the Covered Equipment purchase. The new product must be eligible for coverage under the Plan and at the time of transfer both products must be covered under the manufacturer?s one (1) year limited warranty. Apple will issue a Plan Confirmation for the new product, which will then become the Covered Equipment. When notifying Apple of the transfer, you must provide the Plan Agreement Number, the serial numbers and Proof of Purchase of the products being transferred by sending or faxing, where available, notice of transfer to Apple as set forth in the section immediately above.

Reactions: Eileen89

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i was just in a chat with apple, and i was told that applecare is not transferrable!!

is it possible that things have changed? or is it more likely that the apple agent was incorrect?

EDIT*
called apple care over the phone, and yes it is transferrable. apple care is associated with the serial number of the device. so it is transferrable

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i was just in a chat with apple, and i was told that applecare is not transferrable!!

is it possible that things have changed? or is it more likely that the apple agent was incorrect?

EDIT*
called apple care over the phone, and yes it is transferrable. apple care is associated with the serial number of the device. so it is transferrable

You also have the option of canceling for a refund of any remaining coverage, pro rated, of course.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Like everyone else has said, yes it can be transferred.

I just want to add, if Apple replaces your device (hardware issue, etc.) again it can be transferred to the new serial number, you just need to remind the agent to do it for you. I've done it before in an Apple shop.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR