think my wifes iphone was hacked?

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My wife imessaged me not to open any email that might show up sent from her. It wasnt her it said her name and that it was sent from her iphone/ipod. I never got the email but her friend did she didnt open it. My wife also noticed her app store was disabled almost like she forgot her password or something and they locked it.She managed to reset it by saying she forgot it and then changed the password. I called the apple store thats close by and asked the lady what should she do. She said she did everything she should, change your passwords on her app account and emails and anything else she might use.She said it sounds like they tried to get into her app account. After i got off the phone i was thinking if they tried to get into her app account how did they send out emails.
Is that weird?? :mad: Any one else experience anything like this. Shes mostly on facebook and her crack right now is songpop lol dont know if thats were this happened.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Apple and Amazon recently hacked? Seems to me they got a bunch of people's passwords and account information.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't remember them being hacked. But the did disable there over the phone password reset because of a blogger getting hacked.

iPhone.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
It was specifically one person that was hacked but first getting his cc data from amazon, and by getting that card data the hacker was able to get the guys apple id.....Full story here

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
She said she didn't use the same password on her email as she did on her iTunes account. Everything seems ok now. She just changed her password on her iTunes. I guess it's a good thing they make you sign in everytime you download something or update an app. They would have probably got into more or downloaded something.

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Update: my wife noticed an app missing she had a weather app it's been deleted. And her apps seemed to have moved into a folder. I don't know if she did it by mistake or somehow this could be from a hacker. Things are really strange think we need to call apple or go to the store.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Unless she downloaded an app by Joe Schmoe, I don't think so. I know there are times I have apps deleted and some out of or in folders that I didn't move. I sometimes find my iPhone with the apps wiggling as though my skin made it the contact.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Who's this joe schmoe? Lol
I've done that too. But I know I did it by mistake not think somebody else did. she pretty much has the same apps as I do although I have more games. I don't Twitter or Facebook she does. It's weird I almost want to think that somebody has the same username on there itunes account and somehow their logging in on their iPhone or iPod and it somehow conflicting with hers but i don't know. It's to weird.

Last edited:

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody played any social games and somehow noticed their phone been hacked or somethings different she's been playing that song pop game that you play with other people you take turns guessing songs I guess like name that tune, everything was fine until she started playing this game. But I don't know maybe its a coincidence

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you mean Guess My Songs, it's not that. There is also no way someone could rearrange her apps, even if they had her ID/password, unless they were connected to her iTunes on her computer (since you can only sync with one computer).

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
And what if she was using iCloud for backups, which is the same username/password than her Apple ID? Could someone mess with her layout and everything then?

Just asking...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
There was an editor who worked for wired magazine who was unlucky enough to draw the rage of some unscrupulous people. They were able to hack his apple ID and wiped both his devices, an iPhone and an iPad. But what the O. P. is talking about did not happen.
Here's what I think happened... She bought some apps on device. She plugged phone into pc and restored from a backup without transferring her purchases. Certain apps were removed, layout was rearranged
Or aliens, it might have been aliens

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I think happened... She bought some apps on device. She plugged phone into pc and restored from a backup without transferring her purchases. Certain apps were removed, layout was rearranged
Or aliens, it might have been aliens

That's a likely scenario... or, having the phone logged into one iTunes account, and the computer being logged into a different iTunes account and having discrepancies that way. The "aliens" thing is possible as well :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods