Subscribing to Podcasts?

mscalero

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am now to iOS and was wondering how I can use the Music or iTunes app from the iPhone to subscribe to a podcast feed and have it check for new podcasts at a set interval and download them automatically?

Or should I be looking to another app to do this? I used to use Pocketcast on Android which worked well.

Any advice?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you can't get the native podcast app to do what you want, there are other apps in the AppStore that should meet your needs.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I am now to iOS and was wondering how I can use the Music or iTunes app from the iPhone to subscribe to a podcast feed and have it check for new podcasts at a set interval and download them automatically?

Or should I be looking to another app to do this? I used to use Pocketcast on Android which worked well.

Any advice?

I am currently trying out Apple's Podcast app and it is ok.....
I used to use Downcast and it is great. You can set up to check for new episodes at timed intervals and then automatically download them or WiFi only downloads, etc. Lots of options.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Any advice?

A couple of months ago Apple came up with a new app called Podcasts. After the initial bugs (slow, unresponsive, unable to subscribe to certain podcasts) were cleared away with its recent update, the app is rather a very decent addition to the Music app.

Prior, podcast support in the native Music app was between non-existent and basic.

Here is more about Apple's Podcasts app from Engadget.

Apart from ability to subscribe to podcasts, the app allows you to set which episodes you want to automatically download and which to discard

7780701862_e4e4cd372f_n.jpg

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
The Podcast App is OK. I like that it gives an option to download or stream, one thing I found, though, everytime you open to stream, it reloads the entire podcast instead of saving it. So if you are like me, and like to listen throughout the day, some on the morning commute, some at lunch, and some on the drive home, a 40mb podcast can quickly use 120mb of data. So, in my opion, its more beneficial to just download podcast to phone and delete when finished.

Also, I find it irritating we cannot sync the app to our Itunes subscriptions. It would be nice if I listen to one on my computer, it would update on the app as "Played" and also sync subscriptions between the devices. You can KIND OF sync if you download one from the app, listen to it, leave it on the phone and open the app, and then leave it on the phone and sync to iTunes, it should sync them. This is a little archaic to me, though, and annoying to have to leave them on the device.

Just my opinion, though. If you only intend on listening to Podcast and managing your Subscriptions through the app, it works well enough.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I am currently trying out Apple's Podcast app and it is ok.....
I used to use Downcast and it is great. You can set up to check for new episodes at timed intervals and then automatically download them or WiFi only downloads, etc. Lots of options.

Downcast is my choice over everything.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2