I have some rather large videos on my iphone
    But they seem to be in the stupid Ipod cache photo thingy

I really really need to get them out of there

I will do anything
    08-11-2012 12:05 PM
    There might be a shorter way, and I might be misunderstanding the problem, but...

Jailbreak

Install SB Settings with Cydia

Install Open SSH - both the SB package and the stand-alone package

Install WinSCP if you're on PC... there's a native way to SSH with Macs, methinks... Find instructions, its
    pretty easy. You'll need to have your iPhone WiFi address at hand. Settings-General-About. In WinSCP, Login : root. Password : alpine. Port : 22 Host : wifi address of the device. iPhone must be on wifi and not docked; OpenSSH in SBSettings must be green for the rest of the procedure. Turn it off again to red when you're all done.

Google the path for the iPod Cache photo thingy...

Find it with the SSH protocol provided with WinSCP

Copy the videos in any file you want. Don't drag, use the Copy/Paste feature only. Do not move any file in WinSCP. If your internet connexion isn't much fast, copy them one by one.

When you're done, you may remain jailbroken if you want, in which case I recommend changing your SSH password to something else than alpine. Or, if you were stock and wish to return to that state, once you're sure SSH is off again, remove the Open SSH packages with Cydia, and then you can just do a backup with iTunes, and then Restore officially with iTunes as a new iPhone, and then Restore from backup (right click on your device in the left tab in iTunes, select latest backup) to get all your things back - except the jailbreak.

I'm not quite sure what the iPod cache thingy is, but I'm pretty sure you can get anything out with SSH. In any way, now that I've answered, my guess is someone's gonna come up soon with a better solution... or to confirm this one.
    08-11-2012 07:16 PM
    How did you get them in there? How do you know they're in the cache?
    08-12-2012 10:07 AM
    Ooooooh and not any someone, you lucky guy! Answer the lady, fast!
    08-12-2012 02:12 PM
    Jailbreak and use iCleaner or use iFile to delete the cache folder.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
    08-12-2012 09:06 PM
    How did you get them in there? How do you know they're in the cache?
    Hi because when I choose sync from my pictures option the only thing in there is my Ipod cache folder.
    And I really dont know what happened there
    Please help me

Thanks
    08-13-2012 01:44 AM
    The iPod cache folder just holds thumbnails of the photos you sync via iTunes. If you're syncing from iTunes, just remove that folder from what you're syncing. It is not actually going into your cache - it's already cached.
    08-13-2012 07:24 AM
    What forum is this discussion in???
    And back to op, you can probably just install ifunbox on your Mac or pc, and pull them out that way. I don't think that cache is in a root directory so you won't need to jailbreak.
    08-14-2012 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD