Today, my apps started asking me for notification permission again, so I opened notification center to find that all my notification settings were reset.

Anyone know what causes that (and how I can prevent it from happening again).
    08-06-2012 03:26 PM
    ...probably something you pressed on accident...
    08-07-2012 12:40 AM
    ...probably something you pressed on accident...
    Well, I was asleep and all, but if you know what I might have pressed, please let me know so I don't press it again?
    08-07-2012 10:32 AM
    There is only one thing that can reset your notification settings:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

Make sure that your iPhone is locked while you are asleep. Although it is hard for me to grasp how you could have entered tapped through to the Reset All Settings button. In any case, the chance of this happening again is equal to a lightning strike at the same location twice.
    jkeitz likes this.
    08-08-2012 10:01 AM
    There is only one thing that can reset your notification settings:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

Make sure that your iPhone is locked while you are asleep. Although it is hard for me to grasp how you could have entered tapped through to the Reset All Settings button. In any case, the chance of this happening again is equal to a lightning strike at the same location twice.
    Thanks, that was the only method I knew of too, and I certainly didn't do that without noticing! The only other clue, however was that my phone battery ran all the way down to a forced shutdown. The notifications had been reset when it charged back up.
    08-12-2012 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD