Hi Everyone,

I'm really seeking help on learning about & how to use themes, addons, tweaks etc.
    I will list several questions that I have and would appreciate any & all assistance.*
    I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 S and iPod Touch 4 G (I understand if no help can be given on my iPod).*

Thank you, thank you, and thank you*
    08-04-2012 03:06 PM
    Hi,
    I'm trying to learn what apps & tweaks I need to install in order to fully customize my status bar: change the font style, font color (not all the font the same color), move the time next to the battery % and have customized text in the middle where the stock clock usually is.*

Example: *below*
    *♎ * * * * * * * * 90☀ * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Apple_Fangirl * * * * * * * * * * * 8/04* * * * * * *98%
    Zeppelin * * Weather * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Custom Text * * * * * * * * * * * *Date * * * * * * * Battery % * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Font: * Girlie. * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Homework * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Cartoon. * * * *Girlie
    Font Color: Purple* * * * * * * * * * * * *Red * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Blue * * * * * * * *Green

I have the following apps:*
    *WinterBoard, Springtomize, Activators, BytaFont, Status Tint, StatusTweak, Zeppelin, Clean Status

Will any of these apps complete all the changes I'm trying to make or do I need to use more than one app to complete all the custom changes?

Thx
    08-04-2012 03:09 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Wallpapers vs Themes

I currently have a theme (WinterBoard). The color of the status bar is too dark. I have tried to change the status bar color & was not able to. *Do themes not allow certain tweaks to take affect?*

Would using wallpapers allow me to use tweaks & add-ons to have more control over separate customized areas (status bar, lockscreen, icon themes etc...)?

Are there pros & cons to either....wallpapers or themes?
    08-04-2012 03:13 PM
    Last questions (for now). LOL

I would like to change all traces of the stock grayscale border (skin?) on the keypad, mail, contacts, safari *etc.*

Is there also a way to change the color and symbols/buttons in each area. Example: in Safari rather than have the bookmark symbol white & a open book symbol, can this be changed?*

.I think it's called border. LOL

Thx
    08-04-2012 03:21 PM
    I know springtomize 2 does a lot for the status bar, but I don't use that. I use clean status to remove things, and you can set colors with it, but that part of the tweak is in beta

Themes do let you change the wifi bars, sliders, buttons etc. For the keyboard, you can purchase color keyboard to theme that.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    Apple_Fangirl06 likes this.
    08-04-2012 03:53 PM
    Sprintomize 2 does well for the most part but there are some areas it doesn't touch. Best to try some free themes to get a feel for it before spending anything on one. I use the Ayecon theme primarily with springtomize 2.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind using Tapatalk.
    08-04-2012 04:06 PM
    Hi,
    I'm trying to learn what apps & tweaks I need to install in order to fully customize my status bar: change the font style, font color (not all the font the same color), move the time next to the battery % and have customized text in the middle where the stock clock usually is.*

Example: *below*
    *♎ * * * * * * * * 90☀ * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Apple_Fangirl * * * * * * * * * * * 8/04* * * * * * *98%
    Zeppelin * * Weather * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Custom Text * * * * * * * * * * * *Date * * * * * * * Battery % * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Font: * Girlie. * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Homework * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Cartoon. * * * *Girlie
    Font Color: Purple* * * * * * * * * * * * *Red * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Blue * * * * * * * *Green

I have the following apps:*
    *WinterBoard, Springtomize, Activators, BytaFont, Status Tint, StatusTweak, Zeppelin, Clean Status

Will any of these apps complete all the changes I'm trying to make or do I need to use more than one app to complete all the custom changes?

Thx
    I'll only say... good luck in changing the font color in the status bar. Status Tint will only help you tint the bar itself. You might have to use "theme by theme" to change each of the icon/info color or appearance - and many of them won't work properly or are quite ugly. Status Tweak is awesome - as long as it works on 5.1.1 I didn't try it - so there's no problem getting your order. Zeppelin is the right tool to change your carrier. Springtomize will help you remove the battery and the signal strenght (bars). A tweak to get the weather up there I don't know. Bytafont won't allow you to use different fonts for the same area : to change the status bar font you have to assign ONE font to "System" in Bytafont, but it will change just about everything with it : icon labels, almost every message and text you're likely to get, and even in your apps. The only fonts it won't change are, in fact, the five other assignable "areas" in Bytafont, and perhaps a couple of other things I can't recall...

So, no, I don't think the packages you listed will help you do everything you want. You'll get about halfway there... but the other half won't be that easy. You'll have to search hard for "independent" themes and tweaks to fulfill your needs.

Keep in mind that many themes will change the status bar while you're on the springboard, BUT NOT when you're within an app. Some will have the adverse effect. Some will look all messed up when within an app even if they look A-OK on the springboard.
    08-04-2012 06:43 PM
    If you want to change the carrier info (where it says Verizon, AT&T et al), download Fake Carrier from Cydia Instead of Verizon, my carrier says iGinger.

For the battery percentage and battery on my status bar, I had a tweak that a friend of mine emailed me and I use that. Some themes also change the battery and percentage. Look through Cydia for battery tweaks.
    08-06-2012 09:21 AM
    If you want to change the carrier info (where it says Verizon, AT&T et al), download Fake Carrier from Cydia Instead of Verizon, my carrier says iGinger.

For the battery percentage and battery on my status bar, I had a tweak that a friend of mine emailed me and I use that. Some themes also change the battery and percentage. Look through Cydia for battery tweaks.
    Would you happen to know if it's possible to have a wallpaper on the homescreen & use a shelves theme on additional screens?
    08-07-2012 10:45 AM
    Would you happen to know if it's possible to have a wallpaper on the homescreen & use a shelves theme on additional screens?
    I've never seen that.
    08-08-2012 09:48 PM
    Multiwall does that...not sure what versions of iOS it supports though.
    Cydia Search | Package | com.pathkiller.multiwall
    08-08-2012 10:36 PM
    Multiwall does that...not sure what versions of iOS it supports though.
    Cydia Search | Package | com.pathkiller.multiwall
    I have used multiwall on 5.1.1
    And it works exactly as it should, you just need to place items in the proper location using ifile
    08-14-2012 12:47 PM
    I've never seen that.
    I did find a tweak that allowed me to use a theme on just the home screen and change screens 1-whatever to any wallpaper...."PerPage". I have not caught on to how to use ifile...kinda afraid to play ard w/ it. Per Page is very simple. I'll definitely keep multiwall in mind for when I search a higher jailbreak proficiency. LOL
    08-21-2012 11:56 PM
    I did find a tweak that allowed me to use a theme on just the home screen and change screens 1-whatever to any wallpaper...."PerPage". I have not caught on to how to use ifile...kinda afraid to play ard w/ it. Per Page is very simple. I'll definitely keep multiwall in mind for when I search a higher jailbreak proficiency. LOL
    If you're at all familiar with a computer file manager then you'll be fine with iFile. You must be referring to PerPageHTML?
    08-22-2012 02:28 AM
    SBSettings will also do this and most likely you already have that (or should).
    08-22-2012 02:31 AM
    Hi Everyone,

Wallpapers vs Themes

I currently have a theme (WinterBoard). The color of the status bar is too dark. I have tried to change the status bar color & was not able to. *Do themes not allow certain tweaks to take affect?*

Would using wallpapers allow me to use tweaks & add-ons to have more control over separate customized areas (status bar, lockscreen, icon themes etc...)?

Are there pros & cons to either....wallpapers or themes?
    Okay, so any theme can be modified, meaning you can change out the status bar color or button colors, etc. This is pretty advanced and the easiest way to start would be to mix and match theme elements from multiple themes like ayecon and Boss. That being said you can also design and make your own dock, status bar, buttons, icons etc if you have Photoshop and a working knowledge of iFile, SSH or can use a program like iFunbox. You can even create a full theme (as you like) and use it on your iPhone.

Themes will over-ride certain UI tweaks. Also the order in which each modification is listed in Winterboard can make a difference.
    08-22-2012 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD