Whats so special about our iphone 4s?

deadly_shuriken

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Still feel ripped off for buying this instead of waiting for a real upgrade...

I know the technical stuff and all the pretty numbers apple shows in their conf but in real life what do u guys think makes this 4s better than the 4?

Sent from my iPhone 5

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I know the technical stuff and all the pretty numbers apple shows in their conf but in real life what do u guys think makes this 4s better than the 4?

Sent from my iPhone 5

The processor, the camera, support for HSPA+, and Siri are the only differences. It's up to you if those are worth the price and "better".

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When iOS 6 drops you'll get a bunch of features that the iP4 doesn't: turn by turn navigation, flyover, etc. And you already get Siri, AirPlay mirroring, face detection, etc...

Reactions: sunrat39

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5

I'm curious if you realized this wasn't a "real upgrade" until after your return period ended. What is it with
some of you and this notion that you haven't gotten your money's worth. There are almost endless opportunities
to just return a product if you don't like it.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
This was an upgrade to me, as I had no iphone prior, and was coming from 4+yrs on blackberry os. Will be nice though to get os6 updates going forward. Happy with my purchase.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious if you realized this wasn't a "real upgrade" until after your return period ended. What is it with
some of you and this notion that you haven't gotten your money's worth. There are almost endless opportunities

Yeah and upon going back to iPhone 4 he'd finally realize just how "not real" that upgrade was... :D Meanwhile, I for one would never go back to iPhone 4.

deadly_shuriken

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site

I clearly said I dont think its much of an upgrade compared to the i4, coming from a 3gs and having the better cam and front cam were cool but again instead of everyone getting emotional about this you can be objective and look at the facts.
Hspa+ is not a huge jump in speeds from 3g so real life day to day use does not change much
Siri, cool first few days but useless after, i can bet most people dont use it after the initial cool factor, its pretty useless and half baked
Faster processor, again this doesnt affect day to day use and there are barely any apps/games taking advantage of the "faster" cpu
Better camera, ok it looks a bit nicer but the flash still sucks and the zoom is useless
I will never buy a .5 version iphone anymore

Sent from my iPhone 5

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
If you've actually used both an iphone 4 and 4S for any length of time, the differences are obvious. Of course when i say obvious, i realize there's people out there that can't tell the difference between the screens on an ipad 2 vs new ipad.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5

What's a "real upgrade"? I can't imagine someone having a 4S and not considering the features you get over the previous model real upgrades. The camera alone was worth an upgrade, as it is arguably the best camera on any phone ever released (and rivals/exceeds most point and shoots). You start adding in the other features you get on the 4S that are not a part of the 4 and you have a very legitimate upgrade vs. the previous model. I mean go ask Siri to search for which one is better...oh that's right, you could only do that if you have a 4S.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I clearly said I dont think its much of an upgrade compared to the i4, coming from a 3gs and having the better cam and front cam were cool but again instead of everyone getting emotional about this you can be objective and look at the facts.
Hspa+ is not a huge jump in speeds from 3g so real life day to day use does not change much
Siri, cool first few days but useless after, i can bet most people dont use it after the initial cool factor, its pretty useless and half baked
Faster processor, again this doesnt affect day to day use and there are barely any apps/games taking advantage of the "faster" cpu
Better camera, ok it looks a bit nicer but the flash still sucks and the zoom is useless
I will never buy a .5 version iphone anymore

Sent from my iPhone 5

You clearly said it wasn't a "real" upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 5

idrewpage

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
So Special

This is a great question. I had an iPhone from 2007 until early this year (ending with an iPhone 4), and I was tired of iPhone, so I tried an Android phone, and then a Windows Phone. I now have a used iPhone 4S. I love it much more than other platforms. I have to say, those other platforms are good, and there is nothing wrong with them. I am not some fanboy that hates everything but iPhone. That being said, there is something intangible about the iPhone that gives you a feeling of wellness and contentment, and thats not there with those other platforms.

deadly_shuriken

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
What's a "real upgrade"? I can't imagine someone having a 4S and not considering the features you get over the previous model real upgrades. The camera alone was worth an upgrade, as it is arguably the best camera on any phone ever released (and rivals/exceeds most point and shoots). You start adding in the other features you get on the 4S that are not a part of the 4 and you have a very legitimate upgrade vs. the previous model. I mean go ask Siri to search for which one is better...oh that's right, you could only do that if you have a 4S.

Too bad siri is half baked and you can actually have it on the i4 if u jailbreak, only reason apple didnt give it to the i4 is to have more sales and at least one feature that 4s would have over 4, there is no hardware limitation whatsoever to have siri run unlike what apple tries to make u believe, people need to stop being so blind and believing all the bs apple feeds them

I love apple and their products, i just hate how it convinces people of bs when its really not a useful feature or even a feature only for that phone. I respect them tho for being able to brainwash people so easy, if it wasnt for that they wouldnt be anywhere near where they are now, or even here at all...

Sent from my iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Too bad siri is half baked and you can actually have it on the i4 if u jailbreak, only reason apple didnt give it to the i4 is to have more sales and at least one feature that 4s would have over 4, there is no hardware limitation whatsoever to have siri run unlike what apple tries to make u believe, people need to stop being so blind and believing all the bs apple feeds them

I love apple and their products, i just hate how it convinces people of bs when its really not a useful feature or even a feature only for that phone. I respect them tho for being able to brainwash people so easy, if it wasnt for that they wouldnt be anywhere near where they are now, or even here at all...

Sent from my iPhone 5

So you don't care for Siri...that must mean its a complete failure and an unusable feature across the spectrum of people who bought the 4S, am i understanding that right?

I don't think i need to tell you how pitifully humorous that line of thinking is.

What BS is Apple trying to sell? The 4S was considered a refresh from them (as the 3GS was), but the phone included enough new features to easily consider it a new phone. Apple never claimed it was anything other than what it was...they put the features out there, they showed it before it went on sale, all the specs were on the market...and yet for some reason, you approach this as if Apple sold a box with "iPhone" on it to blind consumers. How did you come to that ridiculous and asinine assessment? They spelled out every facet of the phone for you before anyone even pre-ordered one, and some how they were BS'ing? Some how they are trying to sell people on features that YOU don't like, so it must be useless to everyone?

And here we are stuck on ONE feature the 4S brought to the table...what about the list of other things? Let's see how legitimate of an argument you can make when you remove the "I feel" and your opinionated overviews of the features...talk specs, talk numbers, talk factual information. The 4S brought features to the table that were unquestionably better than the iPhone 4, REAL upgrades.

You have no argument bud, and you sound like the hundreds of other trolls that make asinine attempts at stirring the pot.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5

So you're saying that you're also stupid like us? Okay.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I think... what he's really trying to say is that he was stupid enough to decide ON HIS OWN (NOT Apple's fault) to buy something he now thinks is unworthy of whatever false assessment he had himself formed in his mind when it was released, and now instead of only just blaming himself or learning how to read properly, he's trying to take it out on people who bought the 4S KNOWINGLY and are quite happy with it.

I guess I could be wrong...