Whats so special about our iphone 4s?

bdhu2001

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Being a previous Pre user, I still prefer the form factor of the Pre. I just wish it had more apps and had stayed available with updates. Barring that, I now have the 4s and just like with the Pre, it's the apps that people write for it that make it a nice product.
I'm extremely happy that I waited for the 4s with Siri, because I've always had a physical keyboard (Treo then Pre). Having the Siri allows me to not make endless mistakes with the virtual keyboard. I'm not sure how good it is compared to the 4, but my friends who previously had iPhone 4 said they love the upgrade.

I like the built in shortcut feature, how well it autocorrects, and the apps. There are a few favorite apps that I miss from my Pre, but those developers haven't written anything for the iPhone.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
When this topic comes up, Siri is always mentioned and I think it gets a bad rap. The # 1 most useful part about it for me is while I'm driving. Calls and texts can be made without taking my eyes off the road, and I've had very good luck asking for directions. Of course, the map pops up at that point and you'll have to look at that at certain times but Siri saves me from pulling over and typing in the begin and end points.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
IMHO when purchasing a phone you assume a certain amount of responsibility. I was eligible for an upgrade and decided to try the iP4s after using a BB, even though I knew another iPhone might be coming out soon. It didn't matter to me. I had the freedom to choose so I can't blame anyone or anything for the result. So far I like the iP4s a lot. I just started using Siri and was surprised at how well it works for me. I'm really looking forward to learning more about the iPhone and its capabilities.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
IMHO feeling ripped off is a matter of perspective and opinion. Regardless of whether there is a difference between the past and current models, a decision was made to purchase the item. It's up to us as individuals to educate ourselves to make the best choice.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When this topic comes up, Siri is always mentioned and I think it gets a bad rap. The # 1 most useful part about it for me is while I'm driving. Calls and texts can be made without taking my eyes off the road, and I've had very good luck asking for directions. Of course, the map pops up at that point and you'll have to look at that at certain times but Siri saves me from pulling over and typing in the begin and end points.

Not only does Siri get a bad rap...but people tend to forget that Siri is a constantly evolving feature, not a stagnant one. The functionality will continuously become better, more in-tune with the user and more plugged into everything people find relevant (from searches to personal assistance with whatever). There will come a point where Siri will surpass the phone itself (as the software learns how to do more, the older model phones will become obsolete like they do with iOS updates)...its a fantastic app for the consumer and a great longevity move for Apple as they will ensure further iPhone users in the future because people WILL buy a new model iPhone for better and better Siri features.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It is definitely is worthy upgrade to me. The camera upgrade alone is worthy. I love Siri. And the speed boost is very noticeable. Any iPhone that has come out has been a worthy upgrade in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73