I'm just curious as to how efficient you guys are with your iPhones. Are you productive with it or do you find yourselves wanting to go back to a previous OS due to the lack of efficiency? You can include what you do but I'm not trying to make this into an annoying thread about your jobs and what not. Just trying to see if you guys can get your work done well enough with your iPhones.
    07-31-2012 11:42 PM
    I'll put it to your this way I'm more efficient with any iOS version than I was with Android. I had the original iPhone and the 3Gs prior to getting the 4s
    08-01-2012 02:09 AM
    Not exactly sure what you mean by "efficient." Am I slower typing on iPhone than I was when I used a Blackberry? In the beginning, but now I'm probably faster than I ever was on Blackberry, and now I use Siri to dictate texts and emails. Do emails arrive slower on iPhone than Blackberry? Maybe, but it can't be by much, maybe a couple of seconds, and once I realized that I didn't really need to see my emails as soon as they were sent, I set my iPhone to fetch once an hour. So maybe in that aspect I'm not as "efficient," but my I'm not a slave to my phone anymore. When I had a BB like.... 4-5 years ago, the battery lasted a few days on a charge, with my iPhone I have to charge it every day, so maybe that drops my efficiency by a little bit, but I hear newer BBs aren't so great on battery life either, so that's probably a wash. As for apps.... obviously iPhone has a lot more, and they tend to be better, so depending on which apps you use, your efficiency might go up with a better app. Syncing music and videos via iTunes and playlists is much more efficient than the old method of copying individual files, especially now since you can sync via WiFi or use iTunes Match for music, although I understand there are some people who prefer the old way.

One other thing I want to say. When I had Blackberries, I would go through like 3-5 a year. They were always breaking down for some reason. The trackballs got sticky, keys got sticky, screen popped out on one, part of the casing that holds the battery cover broke when I dropped it, so used duct tape, etc., etc. There was also the constant battery pulls. I had to do one at least once every other day, and it would take like 10 minutes for the thing to reboot. With iPhone, I have none of these issues. I've only had to exchange an iPhone once in 4 years, and that was because there was something wrong with the proximity sensor on my iPhone 4. I've dropped my iPhones multiple times, but luckily, I've never cracked the glass, although the corners got chipped on my iPhone 4, I've dropped my 4S a couple times, and I have a few scratches on the antenna from the concrete. I've never used a case with my phones, although I have one now when a friend gifted me one. So if having to replace your phone drops your efficiency, then iPhone will probably increase efficiency in that regard. Since my phone is provided for me by my company, I'm lucky in the regard that replacing them was no more than a visit to the office manager to get a replacement. I hear warranty replacements for Blackberry can sometimes take a week or more.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 08-01-2012 at 03:01 AM.
    sprocket2107 likes this.
    08-01-2012 02:57 AM
    LOVE how quickly I can get things done with my iPhone! I was a Blackberry girl for 5 years and hesitant about the change, but now I couldn't be happier...oh and to answer your question, much more efficient!!
    Fit24 likes this.
    08-01-2012 07:06 AM
    No change either way honestly...but given i haven't had anything but an iPhone for any legitimate amount of time in the last 5 years, it's hard to say how things went back then (i had an EVO as a work phone for a short period of time, and didn't really use it because i didn't care for the way it performed).
    08-01-2012 07:35 AM
    I think I'm as efficient with my iPhone as I was with any other smartphone I've owned. I arrange the icons in a manner of most frequently used to the least used as well as group them to suit my daily use. Undid the same on my Android and my Blackberry devices. If I find myself not using an app for a period of time, I delete from my device. That's being efficient as well. Furthermore, I use my phone in both portrait and landscape mode depending on what I'm doing at the time for efficiency purposes. Anyway, yes, I think I'm sufficient with my iPhone.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone)
    08-01-2012 08:00 AM
    After having every iPhone starting with the 3GS I feel I am more efficient on it than any other smartphone that I've prior to and in between them. I think all of the upgraded features as well as the productivity apps have helped a lot.
    08-01-2012 12:08 PM
    When I was on adroid I constantly found my self wasting countless hours messing around with my phone by trying to find that perfect ROM and theme. The only way I could get my phone to work was by rooting it. While it was cool at first I found in a pain to constantly feel like I need to flash something new onto my device. In my experience android is a great platform if your into tweaking every little thing on your device and you have the time to do so but most of us don't have that time and don't really care. The only real customizations I have done on my iPhone are change the background a few times and make folders and move apps around. On my old android phone I would change my ROM almost everyday and mess around with themes all the time. With the iPhone I can actually get work done. Being in college I have loads of school work so I am always contacting other class mates or emailing professors about assignments and such. I could have gotten it done with my android but the distractions were always there. With my iPhone I get it done fast and efficiently. Well enough of my rambling. But my last point I want to make is that I'm not bashing android at all. It's a great platform but for someone like me who loves to do that kind of stuff, I find myself getting distracted all the time by my device. I just love iOS and how simple it is to get going with work on the iPhone and how simple syncing everything is and although the iPhone has its distractions, i.e games and what not, I do not find myself messing around with that untilmy work is done.
    Last edited by sprocket2107; 08-01-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Eileen89 and EmceeGeek like this.
    08-01-2012 12:09 PM
    I feel more efficiency on my iPhone than I have on any previous device. I have used BlackBerry, Android, and Palm and the iPhone is the best by a long shot. Typing is faster, browsing is faster, I have access to an app for anything I want.
    08-01-2012 04:07 PM
    I seem to get more work done on my iphone then i did on my bb 9850. It was a cool phone but it kept locking up on me and was crazy slow. On my 4s, its real smooth and im able to get more done.
    08-01-2012 05:19 PM
    I was a long time BlackBerry user... When I went from dumb phone to smartphone, I thought my productivity sky rocketed... I was able to do so much more - email, great calendar, tasks and limited apps.

Now that I have an iPhone, I can do 10x more while I'm on the go. Dinner reservations, setting the DVR, banking, Starbucks card, social media, sports scores, news, Kindle, TV Guide, weather, check book, and checking movie times. My iPhone is my lifeline. I could survive without it, but life wouldn't be nearly as easy haha!!
    08-03-2012 03:15 PM
    To me, after coming from a long line of BlackBerries then getting the 4 and now 4S, I'm much more efficient with the iPhone, especially after I got really familiar with the UI.
    anon(73368) and Fit24 like this.
    08-07-2012 10:15 PM
    I used to have a hard time completing my work because this phone is so awesome at wasting my time instead of being productive with it. But I have gained some self control since getting my first iPhone and now know how to be more productive with it. I use my iPhone and iPad daily to accomplish work tasks during the day. I take a lot of notes, creating word documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. I email a lot. And the iPhone is the only platform that I have used that has a functional FirstClass email app. The phone is fast and reliable. I don't have to worry about random reboots or the phone freezing on me. The iPhone is just an awesome device all the way around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-13-2012 03:19 PM
    To me, after coming from a long line of BlackBerries then getting the 4 and now 4S, I'm much more efficient with the iPhone, especially after I got really familiar with the UI.
    This is just like my situation. I had a love hate affair with blackberry for 4 years. When I finally decided to leave and get the IP4S at launch day last year I thought my life would stop LOL. Since then I haven't looked back...totally love iOS and my iPhone. I'm more efficient with iPhone and actually breathe. When on the blackberry I was a slave to that blinking light. During the day this is my best work tool but at night this is my greatest play toy 😃

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Fit24 and Fit24 like this.
    08-13-2012 08:00 PM
    I know I am more efficient after learning how the iPhone works. When I was on BB I had to pull the battery and reboot my phone about every 2 days. My BB took about 5 minutes or more to reboot. I have never had to reboot my iPhone. There are some things I miss about Blackberry such as speed dial but I am quickly finding ways to accomplish them on the iPhone.
    08-13-2012 11:52 PM
    iOS' superiority in terms of intuitiveness and simplicity over other smartphones, automatically makes the iPhone an efficiency booster.

In my case, I moved from Android to iPhone because on Android I often felt helpless like a new user trying to listen to music on Linux (grin) - this was definitely not effective.
    08-14-2012 08:07 AM
    Let me put it this way. I've had both Android and Windows Phones recently, and I came back to iPhone with the 4S. I just could not do without one.
    08-14-2012 11:41 AM
    I've had my 4s for about a year now... And it's right on par with my Droid X and Incredible II. Albeit that it was easier to type on the droids because of the larger screen, and I didn't have to train the droid so hard so I wasn't telling people to go duck themselves or saying they're full of shut. Me and my iPad 2 however, are much better together because of the large screen and keys. I've had to hit backspace about 35 times while typing this because it's impossible to have an iPhone without a case, unless your skin produces no oil whatsoever... So the lip of the case in landscape deflects my thumb somewhat away from the spacebar. It just took me 4 attempts to write "spacebar".
    08-16-2012 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD