firefighter1151

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I work for an Ambulance company here in the Northeast. Lately I have been having more and more patients who either can't talk or are just out cold. These patients also only have thier iPhone with them. As an Android user myself I have no idea where to begin looking in the iPhone for information. My question is, in circumstances such as that, does the iPhone have a way where I can get thier name or adress? just something so i know who they are? I know i can go though the contacts but that only gives me other people to call, and when my partner is driving to the hospital with lights an sirens time is very short. I know this is a long strech but if there is a way to do so please let me know. It would make my life in EMS alot easier.

Thank you
Chris
EMT
RMA

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If there's a passcode lock on the phone, you're pretty much screwed - but you know that I'm guessing...

If you can get into the phone, if they've bothered to set it up correctly... go to Settings>> General>> Siri and make note of the name listed for "my info" and go to contacts and look up that name... again, if they've bothered to set it up correctly, hopefully there will be a home address to work with... perhaps a work address/phone and if they've defined any family members for Siri, that will be in their personal contact info as well so you'd have some "ICE" info via that method.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Other than getting their mobile number through; settings, general, and about, no way. Unless the person lists their info as "home" as I do on my iPhone or "ICE" as mentioned above. That said, I am a ER Nurse, and generally EMT's list the PT. as John or Jane Doe when they don't have any name to go by. The ER Doc's work with the local police to get the identity of the Pt. in cases like what you are stating here.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Also if you go to phone and then click on the favourites button on the bottom left again people have to have set this up but most list their partners, parents children and closest friends etc there for quick calling.

Dialling anyone in the favourites will no doubt lead to the info you need.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

mookster

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
From a LE perspective, be careful going through the phones. I know you're intentions seem great but that could get you in a lot of trouble. Secondly, it raises a red flag when someone's out trying to figure out how to glean personal information from cell phones. Just my .02 cents.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
From a LE perspective, be careful going through the phones. I know you're intentions seem great but that could get you in a lot of trouble. Secondly, it raises a red flag when someone's out trying to figure out how to glean personal information from cell phones. Just my .02 cents.

It's not like anything I mentioned is a state secret... The OP presented a reasonable, realistic scenario that puts no one at any more risk of having their privacy breached than any other ordinary, every day activity that people take for granted.

That said, yes - people should be careful with their phones.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's not like anything I mentioned is a state secret... The OP presented a reasonable, realistic scenario that puts no one at any more risk of having their privacy breached than any other ordinary, every day activity that people take for granted.

That said, yes - people should be careful with their phones.

Agreed. Besides, in an emergency situation if there is two EMT's in the back of the truck the 2nd one can see about getting a name of the person if possable, as it's usually helpful to the ER staff to have a name of the person coming in so that we can look up old records if there are any.

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I work for an Ambulance company here in the Northeast. Lately I have been having more and more patients who either can't talk or are just out cold. These patients also only have thier iPhone with them. As an Android user myself I have no idea where to begin looking in the iPhone for information. My question is, in circumstances such as that, does the iPhone have a way where I can get thier name or adress? just something so i know who they are? I know i can go though the contacts but that only gives me other people to call, and when my partner is driving to the hospital with lights an sirens time is very short. I know this is a long strech but if there is a way to do so please let me know. It would make my life in EMS alot easier.

Thank you
Chris
EMT
RMA
As a professional firefighter/EMT myself... I would hope your more focused on patient care vs. information from someones cell phone. Especially if they're "unresponsive". If they have any critical medical conditions, they will most likely be wearing a medical bracelet or have something on their person (Epi pen, Inhaler, etc).

Let the hospital figure out who they are. You need to focus on more important things.

I've yet to come across any patient that has their medical info on their phone and I run in a high performance system. Just saying...
[/LIST]

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73