Over the past few days my iPhone 4s screen has been acting wierd. It will close out of whatever app I'm using or shake and blink the shutdown. Is there something that I can do to figure out what's happening or repair any glitches? I just updated it last week.
    07-21-2012 05:00 PM
    I suggest you reset and restore as new. If it still seem glitchy after that, take it to a nearby Apple store and have one of the geniuses look at it.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-21-2012 05:06 PM
    Backup, do a clean restore with iTunes, choose to do so as a "new iPhone". When activation is done, and if all seems good after working with it a little, then restore your backup (hold Shift + Restore in iTunes).
    07-21-2012 05:09 PM
    By doing a reset is that going to delete all of my apps, music, call log and music?
    07-21-2012 05:37 PM
    By doing a reset is that going to delete all of my apps, music, call log and music?
    What we are suggesting you do is erase everything on your device and set it up again as new so, yes, to your question. Do a backup first, either via iTunes or iCloud BEFORE resetting your device. Don't worry about your apps. After you've reset your phone and set it up as new, enter your Apple credentials. Your apps will be displayed in the "purchased" section of the App Store app with a cloud icon next to each one. All you have to do is tap on the cloud and reinstall free of charge or you can restore from one of the backups you made and your device will be as it was prior to resetting.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 07-21-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    07-21-2012 05:49 PM
    Ok I'll give it a try! Thank you!!
    07-21-2012 06:05 PM
    Ok I'll give it a try! Thank you!!
    You're very welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.
    07-21-2012 07:29 PM
    Sorry, was away... thankfully JustMe'D came to the rescue...

My answer wasn't all that clear, was it? I had to make it quick...
    07-21-2012 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD