Help! My screen is acting up!!

K.vardeman

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Over the past few days my iPhone 4s screen has been acting wierd. It will close out of whatever app I'm using or shake and blink the shutdown. Is there something that I can do to figure out what's happening or repair any glitches? I just updated it last week.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you reset and restore as new. If it still seem glitchy after that, take it to a nearby Apple store and have one of the geniuses look at it.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Backup, do a clean restore with iTunes, choose to do so as a "new iPhone". When activation is done, and if all seems good after working with it a little, then restore your backup (hold Shift + Restore in iTunes).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
By doing a reset is that going to delete all of my apps, music, call log and music?

What we are suggesting you do is erase everything on your device and set it up again as new so, yes, to your question. Do a backup first, either via iTunes or iCloud BEFORE resetting your device. Don't worry about your apps. After you've reset your phone and set it up as new, enter your Apple credentials. Your apps will be displayed in the "purchased" section of the App Store app with a cloud icon next to each one. All you have to do is tap on the cloud and reinstall free of charge or you can restore from one of the backups you made and your device will be as it was prior to resetting.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, was away... thankfully JustMe'D came to the rescue...

My answer wasn't all that clear, was it? I had to make it quick...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR