Has anyone ever tried these on their iPhone? These wooden backs do look kinda cool and I want to order one soon for my 4s.
    http://http://madebymonolith.com/
    07-13-2012 11:16 AM
    The pricing is humorous (imo)...
    07-13-2012 11:23 AM
    server not found - but you lost me at wooden backs. i would not give it to my dog tbh
    07-13-2012 11:34 AM
    07-13-2012 11:43 AM
    I just really like the look and feel of a wood back, and I don't want to settle for some veneer sticker
    07-13-2012 11:43 AM
    If that little sliver of wood is worth $60 to you, go for it...or find yourself a nice tree and whittle one.
    BLiNK likes this.
    07-13-2012 11:52 AM
    If that little sliver of wood is worth $60 to you, go for it...or find yourself a nice tree and whittle one.
    good point, Sean. that is the problem with society today. gone are the days of someone actually making something themselves. instead we choose to buy something that some little korean girl makes in a hot building for a whopping $8.00 a day

gotta love America!
    07-13-2012 11:55 AM
    The backs are made in Texas, but yes that is a very true case in this day and age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BLiNK likes this.
    07-13-2012 11:59 AM
    good point, Sean. that is the problem with society today. gone are the days of someone actually making something themselves. instead we choose to buy something that some little korean girl makes in a hot building for a whopping $8.00 a day

gotta love America!
    I've seen these profiled in a magazine before, they are made in the USA.
    BLiNK likes this.
    07-13-2012 12:45 PM
    I've seen these profiled in a magazine before, they are made in the USA.
    well that is a rarity
    07-13-2012 01:26 PM
    There's another company, Jackbacks, with a similar product made in Brookyn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-13-2012 01:50 PM
    I could see the advantage of replacing the back glass with a hunk of wood, but for what they want for one cover, I can buy an Otterbox and have twice the protection. Neat idea though but I'd be nervous about taking my phone apart.
    07-13-2012 02:03 PM
    Ok, let's get this straight... we buy a $700 phone made of glass, and metal, and now you want to put a slice of wood on said phone for $60, just to have a case over it?

Consumerism at it's finest. You want the look? Look for a sticker-type product that you can just apply.
    07-13-2012 04:33 PM
    Ok, let's get this straight... we buy a $700 phone made of glass, and metal, and now you want to put a slice of wood on said phone for $60, just to have a case over it?

Consumerism at it's finest. You want the look? Look for a sticker-type product that you can just apply.
    I'd pay the $60 vs. $5 for a tacky sticker...that'd be like taking a brand new corvette and instead of putting carbon fiber trim on the interior, putting fake carbon fiber stickers on it. No bueno...
    07-13-2012 04:59 PM
    I'd pay the $60 vs. $5 for a tacky sticker...that'd be like taking a brand new corvette and instead of putting carbon fiber trim on the interior, putting fake carbon fiber stickers on it. No bueno...
    We're talking apples and oranges here. I am sure you don't cover your corvette whenever you drive it, where as 99% of people will put a case on their phone. If you want to buy it, its your money. I just gave my opinion about the topic. Also, not all stickers are cheap, there are many quality sticker coverings you can buy. Look around.
    07-13-2012 09:32 PM
    Nice looking but too much trouble to install those wood backs. I just dropped 99 bucks for AC Plus so I wouldn't take off the glass back for a 60 dollar wood back and void the warranty and if I had to take the phone in for anything gotta put the glass back.
    07-14-2012 12:52 AM
    I think they're pretty. I especially like the Zebrawood. It would drive me crazy though to have a different panel on the back than on the front. Now if they made full housing, that would be awesome. I wonder how it will affect the weight of the phone? Hopefully it will be lighter.
    07-14-2012 08:54 AM
    I just really like the look and feel of a wood back, and I don't want to settle for some veneer sticker
    My cousin had a 100 dollar bamboo case and it broke in half the first time she dropped it!
    07-15-2012 01:25 PM
    We're talking apples and oranges here. I am sure you don't cover your corvette whenever you drive it, where as 99% of people will put a case on their phone. If you want to buy it, its your money. I just gave my opinion about the topic. Also, not all stickers are cheap, there are many quality sticker coverings you can buy. Look around.
    This isn't a cover, it's a replacement back panel...and no, i doubt even 50% of iPhone users buy replacement back panels for their phone. My comparison was relevant, if you're going to try and improve your phone in such a way (relating specifically to a wooden look back case), buying a sticker is tacky.
    07-15-2012 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD