Adding a line, but swapping phone numbers between new and existing phone?

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
When the next iPhone comes out, I plan to upgrade to a family plan, add a line and give my wife my 4s.

Will I be able to swap phone numbers by simply changing out the SIM cards? AT&T is the carrier BTW.

FWIW I will also need to port her number over from another carrier, just to add an another level of difficulty.

Anybody with recent experience doing this?

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
yep its not that difficult at all but I would do it at AT&T directly just tell them you'd like to add a line to your plan and port your wife's number to that new line, but I would check with them now to make sure you don't have any credit issues with adding that line because when the iPhone drops there systems do some crazy things and will give you all types of problems. All in all not an issue and very easy to do

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
When the next iPhone comes out, I plan to upgrade to a family plan, add a line and give my wife my 4s.

Will I be able to swap phone numbers by simply changing out the SIM cards? AT&T is the carrier BTW.

Yes. Put your SIM in the new phone and give your wife the 4s and the SIM from the new phone. Should work unless AT&T does something silly and changes SIM sizes or something.

FWIW I will also need to port her number over from another carrier, just to add an another level of difficulty.

Anybody with recent experience doing this?

Won't be hard at all. Port the number which will be active on the SIM and pop it into the 4s and she'll be good to go as will you. I was always told that porting can take up to 48 hours, but the 3 times I've ported from AT&T to Nextel, then Nextel to Sprint then Sprint to Verizon, it's taken less than a couple hours to get full functions from my phones. It'll ring and be able to dial out right away but it may take an hour or so to get full data usage.

Reactions: l.i bruce fan

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2