Hi everyone,

Last night i went over to my sisters house to work out in her garage and she has a Bose Dock that she uses to listen to her IPhone/Ipod while running on the treadmill.

I unplugged her phone and plugged my IPhone4s in and was using the Pandora App to listen to music.

After my workout i unplugged my phone and noticed it was extremely hot. Hot enough that i had to set it on top of her washing machine to cool off.

After it cooled off i checked the phone to see if it was working properly and noticed that it smelled like something was burning. I looked at the phone port on the bottom and noticed burn marks and an electric burn type smell coming from my phone.

Beside the burn marks and the smell of an electrical burn.. my phone seems to be working okay but now has lingering burn smell..

I made an appointment today at 5:20pm to go to the Apple Store, Even though my phone seems to be working okay (with visible burn marks inside the connecter part) Will they replace my phone?

I'm wondering if i'm wasting my time taking it the Apple Store since the Warranty states that it does not cover 3rd party damages?

can anyone shed some light on this?

(sorry for the long post, greatly appreciate any help!)

summary:
    1) Phone works
    2) Got visibly burned
    3) would like to get a new/refurb phone for peace of mind that the battery isn't leaking in my pocket or something, Just want to know my phone is stable.
    4) I tried plugging other apple devices (Ipod/Iphone) into the dock and they worked fine.
    07-11-2012 05:00 PM
    The Apple Store replaced my phone. Got a brand new IPhone 4s no hassle. (Still under warranty)

/thread
    07-12-2012 01:36 AM
    Sweet nice to see that they replaced it for you.
    07-12-2012 01:49 AM
    Nice!
    I was going to say give it a shot, no harm in trying; and figured you would be looking at a 75% chance of them helping you. Great to know it was 100% (This is why I don't bet)

07-12-2012 11:05 PM
    This happened to me way back with my iPhone 4 after a week of owning it. Plugged it in to a first generation sounddock and it immediately fried the iPhone. Apple did replace it but did tell me at the time to never use old generation docks, accessories with newer apple products. Apple tweaks pin usage (something like that) and older accessories are not certified. After that I am VERY weary when I place my iPhone in docks, etc.
    07-27-2012 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD