1. biggjd46's Avatar
    I currently carry the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx and I am now ready to get an Iphone 4s for Verizon. The talk isthat the Iphone 5(or new Iphone) may come out in the fall. Should I wait or should I take the plunge now? I have nothing against the Maxx, love the 4G speeds, but I am an Apple Guy. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks. By The Way, I live in a city that does not have Verizon 4G speeds, just a nearby city. Thanks
    07-10-2012 04:09 PM
  2. Just_Me_D's Avatar
    If you're satisfied with the Razr MAXX then hang on to it for a few more months to see what the next generation iPhone will be like. Even if you end up not liking the next iPhone, you will still be able to get a 4S for less than it would currently cost you. On the other hand, if money isn't a problem then go ahead and get the 4S now and then get the next generation iPhone when it is released, if you find you like it better. . Take care and good luck with whatever you choose to do.


    Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 07-10-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    07-10-2012 04:23 PM
  3. biggjd46's Avatar
    Good Advice...Thanks
    07-10-2012 04:34 PM
  4. Just_Me_D's Avatar
    Good Advice...Thanks
    You're very welcome. Enjoy the rest of your evening.


    Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-10-2012 04:36 PM
  5. BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    Even if money isn't a problem, I'd wait until the LTE version and stick with what I got.
    07-10-2012 06:01 PM
  6. Gorilla's Avatar
    Im gonna wait on the new Iphone 5... I have an Android Phone, and im tired of the relentless hacking..

    I just want something thats reliable.
    07-11-2012 04:16 AM
  7. Keldog's Avatar
    I'd have to agree with what's already been said. You're already on a good phone, so unless you just have the "bug" to change, i'd just wait and see.

    Of course, you already said that you're an Apple guy, so you might not make it.
    07-11-2012 08:36 AM
  8. biggjd46's Avatar
    You are right about that, lol, but you all are right. I am going to be patient and wait. It really wasn't about the money piece, it was a co-worker that wanted to do a swap and I was considering it. But you all make valid points. Thank you
    07-11-2012 12:22 PM
  9. biggjd46's Avatar
    Okay Iphone people...I know I got some good advice in this thread but I would like more opinions, lol. My situation is I currently have a Razr Maxx with Verizon and I want an Iphone 4s. I have someone who wants to do an even swap. I am due for an upgrade in December. Would any of you swap or just wait for the upgrade date to come with hopes of a the infamous Iphone 4s coming out in the fall? Thanks again
    07-22-2012 12:57 PM
  10. BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    Okay Iphone people...I know I got some good advice in this thread but I would like more opinions, lol. My situation is I currently have a Razr Maxx with Verizon and I want an Iphone 4s. I have someone who wants to do an even swap. I am due for an upgrade in December. Would any of you swap or just wait for the upgrade date to come with hopes of a the infamous Iphone 4s coming out in the fall? Thanks again
    Well, if the 4S has a clean ESN to activate it, then why not? I'd swap it. You don't seem very content
    with your RAZR. Plus you're saving your upgrade for when the next gen is out.
    07-22-2012 01:46 PM
  11. biggjd46's Avatar
    Thanks for your input. Its not so much that I am not content. I think the Razr is a fantastic phone but I just like the operating system on the iphone better, as well as the camera and video because I use instagram a lot on the go, being Military. But everyone keeps telling me "you don't give a 4g phone" so thats why I was getting different opinions on it
    07-22-2012 01:58 PM
  12. BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    If you can live without LTE until December, then go for it. If iOS is more of what suits you, and the 4S
    hardware, then I don't see any reason why not. Is the 4S a 16GB?
    07-22-2012 02:02 PM
  13. biggjd46's Avatar
    Its a 16 gig and here is the other crinkle. I don't live in a area that has 4G. I am in Meridian, Ms.
    07-22-2012 02:05 PM
  14. BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    Then it doesn't sound like you'll be missing out on any LTE, anyway.
    07-22-2012 02:07 PM
  15. biggjd46's Avatar
    That was my thought process
    07-22-2012 02:14 PM
  16. APfromKC's Avatar
    go for the swap...Just make sure that iphone is legit
    07-22-2012 10:24 PM
  17. Laelipoo's Avatar
    Do the swap at the Verizon store- this way you know that it works, the esn is legit, and you can even have them activate it for you.
    07-23-2012 07:35 AM
  18. sting7k's Avatar
    I currently carry the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx and I am now ready to get an Iphone 4s for Verizon. The talk isthat the Iphone 5(or new Iphone) may come out in the fall. Should I wait or should I take the plunge now? I have nothing against the Maxx, love the 4G speeds, but I am an Apple Guy. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks. By The Way, I live in a city that does not have Verizon 4G speeds, just a nearby city. Thanks
    Wait for the new iPhone. If you are already enjoying LTE speeds the iPhone 4S will likely annoy you after about 5 minutes. Stick with the Maxx for now.
    07-23-2012 09:05 AM
  19. BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    Its a 16 gig and here is the other crinkle. I don't live in a area that has 4G. I am in Meridian, Ms.
    Wait for the new iPhone. If you are already enjoying LTE speeds the iPhone 4S will likely annoy you after about 5 minutes. Stick with the Maxx for now.
    Just that he isn't even had the chance to experience LTE anyway.
    07-23-2012 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD