sudden HUGE data usage

DFDureiko

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
started the 4th or 5th. I normally use about 400 to 800 mb of data a month, always less than 1gb.....I'm on the 2gb plan. suddenly I got two emails withi two hours yesterday morning, first that I had used 95%, an hour later, that I went over for 10 bucks,,,,,guess what SAME emails at 7am this morning!!! and yes the phone burned thru 1 GIG IN 24HRS! only simple apps were running, like safari. ATT is taking care of it, but I also noticed the past couple days, the battery life is less than HALF what it was a week ago.....never watch videos on iphone, always on my wifi iPad HD....
per ATT I did a network reset this morning, and it's STILL burning up data! with NO APPS RUNNING!!!
This happen to anyone else??
seriously, 1 gig a day? wouldn't have have to be watching non stop movies:)))
Dan

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never experienced anything like that. Do you, by chance, have any social networking apps that are set to push updates constantly? Do you have any apps installed that you suspect may be the culprit, specifically one where ads are always changing? Again, I've never experienced anything like that and I have no idea how to fix it. :)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
started the 4th or 5th. I normally use about 400 to 800 mb of data a month, always less than 1gb.....I'm on the 2gb plan. suddenly I got two emails withi two hours yesterday morning, first that I had used 95%, an hour later, that I went over for 10 bucks,,,,,guess what SAME emails at 7am this morning!!! and yes the phone burned thru 1 GIG IN 24HRS! only simple apps were running, like safari. ATT is taking care of it, but I also noticed the past couple days, the battery life is less than HALF what it was a week ago.....never watch videos on iphone, always on my wifi iPad HD....
per ATT I did a network reset this morning, and it's STILL burning up data! with NO APPS RUNNING!!!
This happen to anyone else??
seriously, 1 gig a day? wouldn't have have to be watching non stop movies:)))
Dan

if it was movies it would be way more than 1 gig .. Sounds like Internet radio or pandora .. Double press home kill all your apps then hold home and power till phone resets .. Also did you send a email recently with a attachment that could be stuck uploading again and again ? Just some thoughts

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
if it was movies it would be way more than 1 gig .. Sounds like Internet radio or pandora .. Double press home kill all your apps then hold home and power till phone resets .. Also did you send a email recently with a attachment that could be stuck uploading again and again ? Just some thoughts

I was thinking the same thing but the OP didn't mention that he or she listened or listens to Internet radio so I dismissed it. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

DFDureiko

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
pandora was killed like two weeks ago, I listened for about 1/2 hr, as I've done in the past. the only new app I've had, about 2 to 3 weeks is "find my friend" but that apparently signs you out pretty quick........battery is running down so fast, with no apps running.......seriously, no change of habits, now crazy new apps....even if there were, I'm on wifi at my house, my Moose Lodge, my friends houses, I'm on 3/4G about less than two hours a day, more like 45min, while I'm driving. and I do check it,,,,I'm not an expert, but I am a geeky/techie! :)) been Apple since 1991......:) just attatched a file of my data usage from ATT

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try restoring your phone maybe something corrupted causing some crazy issue

DFDureiko

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
another gig used since yesterday. went from an average of 750mb (1 month 350) to 5.1 gigs as of right now, the last day of my billing cycle. Here is a copy of my latest detail of usage....I'm going to restore the phone now...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
another gig used since yesterday. went from an average of 750mb (1 month 350) to 5.1 gigs as of right now, the last day of my billing cycle. Here is a copy of my latest detail of usage....I'm going to restore the phone now...

Yes, erase all content and settings and restore as NEW!

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73