I have all the relationships set up for Siri, and it calls my wife, brother, etc with no problems. When I tell it to "call my dad," it responds "sorry John, I don't have any phone numbers for (my dad's name)". Problem is, I actually have 4 numbers in the contact for my dad.

Any ideas why this one contact Siri refuses to call?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jtnxoi
    07-06-2012 07:23 PM
    I'm guessing your dad never called siri back? :P

bad joke.

are you by any chance updated to iOS 6? could be a bug within siri.
    07-06-2012 08:01 PM
    Nope, still on OS 5. This has always been the case since I got the iPhone in December, but I'm visiting the family now, and I'm in an Android house. I'm trying to show off the iOS superiority, and this one defect is not helping.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?55pa1u
    07-06-2012 08:04 PM
    Are your contacts in iCloud or something like gmail ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-06-2012 08:13 PM
    Gmail (I use exchange sync with Gmail).

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jg4tih
    07-06-2012 08:18 PM
    Gmail (I use exchange sync with Gmail).

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jg4tih
    That's your prob Siri has issues with associating gmail don't support a lot of them .. Move your contacts to iCloud and it will work .. Also it will get give you full screen pics when people call

jkeitz likes this.
    07-06-2012 10:56 PM
    That's your prob Siri has issues with associating gmail don't support a lot of them .. Move your contacts to iCloud and it will work .. Also it will get give you full screen pics when people call

Actually it isn't gmail. The Apple reps told me Siri doesn't work properly when contacts sync with any exchange account.
    jkeitz likes this.
    07-07-2012 12:52 AM
    Actually it isn't gmail. The Apple reps told me Siri doesn't work properly when contacts sync with any exchange account.
    what a load of sht. just another reason i am glad i do not use the gimmick
    07-07-2012 01:23 AM
    Well makes sense but still answered the op question

07-07-2012 02:11 AM
    But, why does Siri call everyone else in my contacts, just not my dad? Any why would it tell me it doesn't have a phone number for him when it has 4? Also, it will send him a text if I say "tell my dad I'll be there soon.". It seems to just be his phone numbers that are the problem.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lnklvh
    07-07-2012 07:43 AM
    Problem my be that you too many numbers. Siri is confused.
    07-07-2012 08:56 AM
    No, when there are more than one number, Siri just asks which one to call. That's why I have to say "call my wife at home" to save a step.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?if3n3w
    07-07-2012 08:58 AM
    Delete him as a contact then add him back in..
    07-07-2012 11:10 AM
    No, when there are more than one number, Siri just asks which one to call. That's why I have to say "call my wife at home" to save a step.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?if3n3w
    As stated it is a exchange issue some associations work sone don't only way to fix is use iCloud

jkeitz likes this.
    07-07-2012 12:06 PM
    That's interesting. I noticed that some of my contacts are in iCloud and Gmail, but all of them are in Gmail. How do I transfer all of the Gmail ones to iCloud? (the one I'm having the Siri problem with is one of the ones that isn't in iCloud).

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tgieup
    07-07-2012 01:07 PM
    Simple way is turn off all your contact on your phone gmail and iCloud it will remove them just from the phone

Hook to iTunes and select sync contact with gmail input your info .. Then sync
    This will load your gmail contacts directly to your phone once the sync is done uncheck the box in iTunes and unsync them it will ask you .. Delete them or leave them you want to leave them now you are not synced and all your gmail contacts ate locally on your phone .. Now on your phone just turn back on your iCloud contacts it will sync all your contacts to cloud .. Don't turn gmail contacts back on or you will have duplicates ..

if all your contacts are on gmail I recommend deleting any contacts on iCloud before doing this just so you don't have duplicates

jkeitz likes this.
    07-07-2012 02:13 PM
    Simple way is turn off all your contact on your phone gmail and iCloud it will remove them just from the phone

This will load your gmail contacts directly to your phone once the sync is done uncheck the box in iTunes and unsync them it will ask you .. Delete them or leave them you want to leave them now you are not synced and all your gmail contacts ate locally on your phone .. Now on your phone just turn back on your iCloud contacts it will sync all your contacts to cloud .. Don't turn gmail contacts back on or you will have duplicates ..

if all your contacts are on gmail I recommend deleting any contacts on iCloud before doing this just so you don't have duplicates

Ok, done, but it still says "I don't have a phone number for (my dad's name).". Any other ideas?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xxkcca
    07-07-2012 02:39 PM

Ok, done, but it still says "I don't have any phone numbers for (my dad's name).". I then deleted the contact and re-added it, same problem. Any more ideas?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5rgyik
    07-07-2012 02:42 PM
    Ok, done, but it still says "I don't have any phone numbers for (my dad's name).". I then deleted the contact and re-added it, same problem. Any more ideas?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5rgyik
    Do you have him listed as dad or father? She may not know what dad is but will recognize father. Did you try saying "Call my father?" I noticed in the contact field it says Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, et al.

Something you may try, tell Siri to call Father'sName "Dad." I have the ex saved as Asshat and told Siri to "Call Ex'sName Asshat" and she did. Now all I have to say is "Call Asshat" and she dials his number.
    07-09-2012 09:50 AM
    Do you have him listed as dad or father? She may not know what dad is but will recognize father. Did you try saying "Call my father?" I noticed in the contact field it says Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, et al.

Something you may try, tell Siri to call Father'sName "Dad." I have the ex saved as Asshat and told Siri to "Call Ex'sName Asshat" and she did. Now all I have to say is "Call Asshat" and she dials his number.
    It does know who "dad" is because it replies that it "has no phone numbers for (and it gets my father's name right). Nevertheless, it still doesn't work if I say "father." I like your name for your ex though!
    07-09-2012 09:53 AM
    I thought that deleting the relationship between the contacts (the 'spouse' entry in my case, and 'father' in yours), but it didn't actually fix the problem. It seemed like it did, because after removing the 'spouse' relationship and trying "Call my wife," Siri asked me who that was. I told Siri, and Siri asked if it should remember that. I said Yes, and then Siri successfully called my wife. BUT, the next time I said "Call my wife," Siri gave the same old error: "I don't have any numbers for [my wife's name]" and Content Not Available. In other words, Siri is remembering a connection to some phantom contact record.
    This problem remained even after wiping out all my contacts, turning Siri off, restarting, then adding back contacts and turning Siri back on. Same behavior.
    I updated to the newest iOS 7 update. Still no good.
    I haven't yet tried either of the following extremely annoying options:
    Reset All Settings
    Wipe and Restore from Backup.

I think for now I will just say "Call [wife's name]" instead of jumping through hoops that feel almost like the equivalent of the 1990's Windows problem-fixing advice: "Wipe everything out and start from scratch."

I can't post a link here, but there is a thread on Apple's Discussion Forums for this issue titled "Siri says "I don't have a number for" and content not available"
    The thread number is: 6506141
    08-29-2014 11:13 AM
    that's funny. Siri let's me call your dad
    Bmichael78 likes this.
    08-29-2014 07:59 PM
    I just entered all my contacts in manually one at a time. I have no clue about gmail contacts. But Siri knows my wife. I've heard them talking.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    08-29-2014 09:39 PM
    If you have your Dad's name listed in contacts as Dad, just tell Siri "Siri, Dad is my Dad." That should work.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    08-29-2014 09:46 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I see some have had luck with removing middle names, but I don't have middle names in my contacts, so that is of no help to me. I've even tried removing all contact accounts except iCloud, deleting relationships, telling Siri who my wife was (which she processed normally), then asking her to text my wife. "Sorry, I don't have a phone number for ...". CONTENT NOT AVAILABLE.

WTF?
    09-19-2014 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD