Saving Messages(SMS/MMS/iMessage) as PDF

anon(4676346)

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a burning question that I'm sure one of you on this forum will be able to solve. Before I do that however, I have to say I fully understand the consequences and the bugs of having upgraded to iOS6 before the consumer release.

My question is this, how can I save SMS/MMS/iMessage conversations as a PDF with inline images and emoji?

First of all, I tried PhoneView for mac. Everything worked except for the messages pane which gave me an error and didn't load any contacts.

Next I tried iPhone SMS backup export - Convert your iPhone's iMessages, text messages and contacts to PDF, CSV, XML and Android but this didn't work either. Nothing was displayed in the web preview.

Finally I tried iPhone Backup Viewer and every tab works except for the SMS Messages tab.

iOS6 must save in some weird new format or something? The backup file between iOS6 and iOS5 appear exactly the same however. If I desperately needed to save something could I save the backup file and try to extract SMS later when iOS6 comes out?

Thanks everyone,

Oliver