Yahoo mail or an outage?

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not an iPhone problem, it's a Yahoo problem. I don't have an iPhone, but my Yahoo mail is slow to arrive on my smartphone and in Outlook on my PC. I switched to Gmail as my primary email account.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ragirl

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Good morning all,

As of 5:17 a.m., Yahoo mail still is not working. Mail and notes have not updated. Can I forward my Yahoo account to Google so I can get my mail?

Thank you. Guess I'm not alone.

ragirl

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Even stranger, I can send an email from my Yahoo account on the iPhone and iPad and receive it on my gmail account.

I looked into forwarding, but I have to have Yahoo Plus in order to get that feature. I'm not sure I want to waste $20 on Yahoo that hasn't been serving many of us very well as of late.

Thoughts?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
this is nuts. i just restored my phone this morning (long story) and my Ymail account works the same as always

ragirl

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Blink,

I agree. This is nuts. I get the port time error and then I also get a username and password aren't correct error as well. I can send, some of my things are synching up, and but no mail.

This is beyond weird and leaving me very unsure what to do.

I hate to say this, but I do live by my iPhone. My mail, contacts, notes, and calendar keep me going. But I can't afford to stay with Yahoo and their unreliable service. I'm really at a loss. Is there someone at Yahoo I can contact? Thought I'd ask.

I'm so perplexed right now. :confused:

ragirl

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
this is nuts. i just restored my phone this morning (long story) and my Ymail account works the same as always

Did you do a full restore? Do you think restoring my phone back to factory or to my last saved restore would be helpful? I just don't see this as a phone issue, but rather a yahoo issue. I'm so frustrated. :(

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i did Restore as new iPhone - no backup. my suggestion to you would be doing the same and NOT using a backup, yet

once you are done restoring add your Yahoo account very first thing and see what happens. obviously if it does not work then you can use your latest backup and move on OR if it does correct the issue then you will know

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Am I restoring to factory settings? I assume everything on my phone will get blown away?

yes. make sure you backup your device before doing it

towards the end of the restoring process you will be given an option to Restore as new iPhone or Backup, choose Restore as new iPhone, you can always add your latest backup later

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just received a push email via Yahoo! mail from Verizon alerting me that I have consumed 75% of my data allowance with 4 days left and I received it at the same time I got a text alert advising me of the same thing.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had any issues at all getting my Yahoo mail on my iPhone. Emails are received almost as soon as they are sent from the time on them.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Yahoo has admitted that it's a Yahoo problem, and it's not just iPhones that are affected. If you set up or have an existing Gmail account you can forward your Yahoo mail to Gmail, you don't have to have the Yahoo premium email service. That's exactly what I did; I now get two of each email that is sent to my still-existing Yahoo account, but it's worth it to get my email pushed. This is the second time this year that I've had prolonged problems with Yahoo mail not being pushed, and I've given up.

EDIT TO ADD: It's pretty much established fact that the problem is with Yahoo and not with iPhones or any other cell phone. I sure wouldn't want to go through the hassle of restoring my iPhone and reloading everything back - lots of people have done that and it hasn't fixed anything. But that's just my opinion, YMMV.

Last edited:

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
And now, to add insult to injury, my Yahoo account which I no longer use has been hacked, and has sent spam to all of my contacts three times! That account is now deleted completely - I am convinced that Yahoo has no interest in resolving any problems. Such a shame to have to walk completely away from a service I've used since the mid 1990's. It would seem that their corporate and financial problems are insurmountable.

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
If yahoo is down, then you should have a warning about it all over the internet, it is something used by millions of users every time so there must be a lot of hype about it, it seems to be a local problem with the settings of your iphone!

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Yahoo mail itself is not "down" nor has it been. For the last six weeks ago it has not pushed emails to any number of different devices across all providers, including my iPhone and iPad. There are threads about it on any number of message boards, including Apple's boards. Yahoo also has a thread which I linked to a page or so back, where they admit it's their problem and the engineers there were supposedly working on it. It's six pages of people complaining about the "push" function not working since late May. It does work for some lucky users and doesn't work for many, myself included.

Again, Yahoo has admitted it is a problem on THEIR end - this is not just a handful of people too stupid to fix their own settings on their own phones, whining about Yahoo. If this had not been the second time this year that Yahoo has not worked on my devices for a prolonged period I would not be publicly complaining. Seeing others posting about the same problem, along with my personal experience of two outages in less than six months, both of which went on for more than a month, led to to post these comments.

psiclne

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Bumping this back up - I just happen to log into my Yahoo account on the web and saw I had 15 new emails that I never got on my phone. Restarted my phone, no help. I deleted the yahoo account and added it back and nothing. Anybody else having issues? When I go into my inbox, it just says "Checking for email" and stays like that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2