Just curious if anyone has had this happen.

I send to some iPhones and get the regular blue bubbles for iMessage. I have a few iPhones that I send to and the colors are green. Why is this? Sometimes I send to one iPhone and get a blue bubble, then immediately send to a different iPhone and get a green bubble.
    06-25-2012 11:49 AM
    Blue represents iMessage to iMessage whereas green represent SMS messages (usually sent to non iphone users). However, when iMessage is malfunctioning, your iMessages to another iPhone user will be sent as an SMS message and have the green background.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 06-25-2012 at 11:58 AM.
    ewarhol likes this.
    06-25-2012 11:56 AM
    Also if you don't have a MMS/SMS plan with your carrier, you will be charged for all those green text since it is not using iMessage.
    06-25-2012 12:28 PM
    Blue represents iMessage to iMessage whereas green represent SMS messages (usually sent to non iphone users). However, when iMessage is malfunctioning, your iMessages to another iPhone user will be sent as an SMS message and have the green background.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Is it possible that it always malfuntions for sending to some iPhones? Or does it make a difference from carrier to carrier?

I've got two contacts who have iPhones that always come up with green bubbles. Do they need to have iMessaging turned on on there end for it to show up blue bubbles on my end?
    06-25-2012 02:16 PM
    Is it possible that it always malfuntions for sending to some iPhones? Or does it make a difference from carrier to carrier?

I've got two contacts who have iPhones that always come up with green bubbles. Do they need to have iMessaging turned on on there end for it to show up blue bubbles on my end?
    Yes, the other iphones need to enable iMessage at their end, and for that they need to be on iOS 5.x
    ewarhol likes this.
    06-25-2012 02:32 PM
    Thank you all for answering. Clears up my question.
    06-25-2012 02:53 PM

As of late, there have been frequent complaints of iMessage not working right. I'm not sure why. Maybe Apple is prepping / tweaking its servers in regard to iOS 6. I'm only speculating though. Also, ChemEngr is correct that your recipients must have iMessage enabled on their i-devices in order for you to communicate with them via iMessage.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 06-25-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    ewarhol likes this.
    06-25-2012 02:54 PM
    I have one contact where the blue bubble is not consistent.
    We're both on VZ.
    Everyone else is blue most of the time.
    Good Luck
    06-25-2012 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD