need a little help

R3dM0nd

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
okay guys, well here's my dilemma. I have always adored the iPhone and still do, even though I currently have a Galaxy Nexus. Now being on verizon I will lose my upgrade if i dont choose a new 2 year contract phone before june 28th. My dilemma is this, should I buy an iphone 4s now to keep the unlimited data or just say screw it and wait until the iphone 5. I love both ios and android, so I am not really looking for a bashing of either platform just looking for suggestions to a topic.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Tough choice!! Quick question: why would you lose your upgrade? Did you mean loss unlimited data?

If I were you, I'd look at exactly how much data you use per month. Personally, I usually stay within 2 gigs a month (I also have the unlimited data plan which I'll either have to downgrade to a 2 gig or "Share Everything" plan when I upgrade next). If you aren't using massive amounts of data, I'd wait for the new iPhone. If you really value the unlimited data, I'd scoop up a 4S ASAP. There is always the option of buying the phone at fill retail - that would also save your unlimited data plan.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

R3dM0nd

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
yeah i meant loss of unlimited data, and i know the full retail is an option but as a college student throughout the year 600 or so isn't really a viable option. On average for data though i use anywhere from 2 - 3 gigs.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah i meant loss of unlimited data, and i know the full retail is an option but as a college student throughout the year 600 or so isn't really a viable option. On average for data though i use anywhere from 2 - 3 gigs.

If I were you, I'd jump now since paying full retail isn't an option. The data caps will hit a lot faster than you think. Is it possible to save a little bit of money every month so you could pay full retail?

R3dM0nd

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I will try to do that, never really thought about that before though silly me. Anyone have an idea of how much the iPhone is full retail?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Look for a used one on eBay or Swappa or Craigslist. You could get a really nice one that isn't full retail price.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm with you - I quit my job last year to go back to school for my Master's degree. I freelance but I make just enough money to cover my monthly expenses, so full retail isn't in the cards for me. I did recently pick up a new project, so I'm hoping that gives me a little more spending money.

If you pick up the 4S now, you'll get all of the new iOS 6 features (someone correct me if I'm wrong) plus you can keep unlimited data (that will last you for the next 2 years). If you go over your 2 gigs allowance, it's $10 a gig after that. I guess in the end it really comes down to what means more - new iPhone (new features) or unlimited data (potentially saving some cash).

NinoMH

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd hold on to my unlimited data by any means, including upgrading to a 4S (which is not a bad device by any means) but that's just me. I do love my data.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I will try to do that, never really thought about that before though silly me. Anyone have an idea of how much the iPhone is full retail?

My 4s off contract with Verizon was just over $700. I had bought a Storm2 but hated it after having it about six months and gladly forked over the $$ to get away from it.

R3dM0nd

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
thanks for all the suggestions guys i think im going to pick up a 4s this week and ill find someway to get the new one when it comes out. thanks again

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner