iPhone 4s re-delivers deleted POP3 E-mail

djl31065

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am at my wit's end with my iPhone 4s and Verizon FiOS POP3 E-mail. I am running iOS 5.1.1 and use Verizon FiOS POP3 on my unit.

I have it set to delete from server as soon as the message is removed from the inbox.

No matter what I do, once I delete the messages from the Inbox and then empty the Trash, many of the messages are re-delivered a few minutes later. I often have to go on Verizon's webmail to manually delete those messages.

Does anyone know how to resolve this, considering Verizon does not have any intentions of switching to IMAP?

djl31065

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It distresses me to see that you are already running iOS 6 and this problem still exists.
It tells me that Apple has not fixed this issue

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Get rid of your pop3 accounts. It's pop3, not your phones. Regardless of your telling your phones to delete - until you have connected to your pop3 server and sync'd, the mail is still there.

If you insist on using a pop3 account, following any use of the mail app, you need to manually poll for email to sync your device and server. Otherwise, the next time you log on from another client (say, your desktop), all the email you deleted *only* on your device, will still be on the server.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods