Hello all

I've got both an iPhone 4S, and The New iPad 4G,

I will be needing to use one or the other every Monday for a Skype video call while I am on the road,
    Basically I just want to know which one has the better front facing camera, and if there are any known issues of Skype over cellular data that I should know.

logically I would rather use my New iPad 4G as theoretically LTE Speeds by Rogers will give me the least lag, but since I don't really know much about either device I figured I'd ask

Also any links to mounting/case products that I can use to mount the device in my car for hands free use would be ideal
    Thank you.
    06-18-2012 08:53 AM
    Unless I'm mistaken, the front facing cameras on both the iPhone 4S and the new iPad are identical. The main thing is that you have a stand of some sort to prop your device up while you're on a video conference. I don't use Skype or ooVoo as much as I did when I had my Android devices because FaceTime suits my video chatting needs, but I had no problem with the image quality of the video either outgoing or incoming. Of course, it is better to video conference over Wi-Fi, if applicable, for consistent performance in case of a weak 3G, 4G or LTE signal, in my opinion.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    StephenBB81 likes this.
    06-18-2012 09:09 AM
    Well I'll be pulling over onto the side of major highways for the International video conference, chances are I'll be the only one not at a desk at the time so wifi really isn't an option unless I want to make my BlackBerry a hotspot, but then that isn't truly wifi either.

I suspected that both devices would have the same camera but hoped that one would be better.
    I will continue my hunt for mounts, looks like the best mount will win this contest, though I did like the idea of a larger screen to fit more cam views on it....

Oh such first world problems eh
    06-18-2012 09:21 AM
    Well I'll be pulling over onto the side of major highways for the International video conference, chances are I'll be the only one not at a desk at the time so wifi really isn't an option unless I want to make my BlackBerry a hotspot, but then that isn't truly wifi either.

I suspected that both devices would have the same camera but hoped that one would be better.
    I will continue my hunt for mounts, looks like the best mount will win this contest, though I did like the idea of a larger screen to fit more cam views on it....

Oh such first world problems eh
    I hear you, my friend. . Anyway, don't underestimate the image quality of the front facing camera on either device. They are surprisingly good, in my opinion. As for the video conference, I agree with using the larger screen for a bigger field of view but those whom you will video conference with will not be able to tell which device you are using so from that perspective, it may be easier to use the iPhone and a stand for it to easily prop onto your vehicle's dashboard. Anyway, take care and have a great day.
    06-18-2012 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD