Can i use a Blackberry USB wall charger for iPhone 4s?

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if I can use the multiple blackberry chargers that look like the one that comes with the iPhone to charge our iPhones? I am not sure about the amps it puts out so I was just wondering if anyone has knowledge on this.

Would love to same some money because we need three more chargers to keep the iPhones charged. Love the capabilities of this phone but battery life is not too great.

Thanks for any advice

Sent using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Generally if it's a smartphone cord, it should be fairly safe, it has the circuitry to stop charging or to go to a trickle charge when the phone is full. A BB charger should be fine, same with most android chargers.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
my Apple wall charger "cube" has these markings:
Input- 100-240v ~50/60 Hz 0.15A
Output - 5V - 1A

Compare that to your BB wall charger cube to get an idea what the differences, if any, there are.

I use both at home.. since they are both USB connections to the wall charger cube.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks pk do you use you blackberry USB wall plugs to charge your iPhone to?

Sent using Tapatalk

I use my ipad chargers to charge my ipod touch, my only remaining iOS device (but I have several ipad chargers, and I use them because they charge faster). For my BB and PlayBook I use the 2 PB chargers I own, again because it's faster. I also have a PB rapid charger that is SUPER fast but that has a special plug and can only be used on the PB. I wouldn't have an issue using a BB brick though with an iOS cord, BUT I have 3 iPad bricks. ;)

Tony2255

Trusted Member
May 26, 2012
Visit site
The blackberry has an input of 100-240V. 200mA. 50-60hz. 11-17VA. And an output ( i am guessing which is the one we care about) is 5V. 750ma. So I think it should be fine. Thank for the reassurance guys

Saves me a few dollars!!

Sent using Tapatalk