so i have been doing some testing throughout the day to see how accurate the Find My iPhone feature is for me, and to be honest not very well. it consistently shows areas close to me but not accurate enough for me to to feel confident enough to go knocking on someones door! (which is how it should work, right?)

am i just doing it wrong??

if this is the way it is going to be then i might as well just turn it OFF and possibly save battery usage
    06-06-2012 03:49 PM
    I've used it once when I misplaced it in my house.
    06-06-2012 03:59 PM
    I've used it once when I misplaced it in my house.
    So THIS is where you are hiding!!!!!
    06-06-2012 04:08 PM
    So THIS is where you are hiding!!!!!
    I've been here forever, man.
    06-06-2012 04:19 PM
    I've used it a couple of times to satisfy myself that family member's phones were actually home, and not in some stranger's pocket.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cicse5
    06-06-2012 04:23 PM
    so i have been doing some testing throughout the day to see how accurate the Find My iPhone feature is for me, and to be honest not very well. it consistently shows areas close to me but not accurate enough for me to to feel confident enough to go knocking on someones door! (which is how it should work, right?)

am i just doing it wrong??

if this is the way it is going to be then i might as well just turn it OFF and possibly save battery usage
    It's not perfect but it works quite well for my usage. I use it often to keeps tabs on my teen daughter. She's almost 17 and the dawgs are barking and I want to make sure that she is at the place(s) she tells us she will be. My past sins have me very afraid...

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 06-07-2012 at 06:56 AM.
    06-06-2012 04:37 PM
    I use it almost daily to find one of the four iPod touches my kids have. It has saved me countless hours of looking under beds, behind couches and in piles of clothes.
    06-07-2012 12:18 AM
    It was never meant to be a perfectly exact location finder. It is supposed to be fairly accurate. I've been fortunate enough to never need it, but my co-worker couldn't find her phone yesterday and used it to locate it back at the office.
    06-07-2012 12:58 AM
    Use it all the time I sound my daughter iPod to find it lol ... Even will alert my sister if shes not answering and had her phone on vibrate sleeping ( I know I'm mean ) lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-07-2012 01:38 AM
    I have used it a couple times when I misplaced my phone. It comes in handy when things happen but other than that I have no use for it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-07-2012 05:20 AM
    I have used it once or twice and it worked for me, it was just for fun thougth. Someone at my work used it, as they lost there phone and it was under his car in the street that we work in.
    06-07-2012 06:02 AM
    i guess i am confused. a while back there was a thread here about a guy who had his phone stolen and he claimed after a few hours of using Find My iPhone he and an officer were knocking on the door of the gentleman who stole it

obviously he lied?
    06-07-2012 07:57 AM
    i guess i am confused. a while back there was a thread here about a guy who had his phone stolen and he claimed after a few hours of using Find My iPhone he and an officer were knocking on the door of the gentleman who stole it

obviously he lied?
    Not necessarily. There are times when the GPS/carrier location lock is not spot-on but is within - say - 1000 feet. Other times, it will show you the exact position/location within a given structure. As stated above, it's not perfect, but it will definitely find the general location of the device you're tracking.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    06-07-2012 08:13 AM
    It could happen, if you know the area. It doesn't have an real time satellite map or anything, but Apple will kick it out this year.
    06-07-2012 08:53 AM
    I've used it a couple times and it has worked perfectly every time. It was the most helpful when I left my iPad under the seat of my brother's car and didn't notice until an hour after that I didn't have it with me and I was able to figure out where it was thanks to the alarm and location it showed on the map.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-07-2012 09:12 AM
    I use it often to keeps tabs on my teen daughter. She's almost 17 and the dawgs are barking and I want to make sure that she is at the place(s) she tells us she will be. My past sins have me very afraid...
    oh man, lol. it's a viscous cycle, is it not? and i am assuming she does not know you are checking on her?
    06-07-2012 01:36 PM
    oh man, lol. it's a viscous cycle, is it not? and i am assuming she does not know you are checking on her?
    Yes, it is and yes, she knows I track her. I've gone into the settings on her iPhone 4 to where she cannot disable the Find My iPhone feature. It's grayed out. Besides, I'm old school and privacy is a privilege in my house and not a right. My kids know that if I even suspect a lie, I'd be showing up at the location they are suppose to be and I will embarrass the heck out of them later if they are not there. (laughing) When I was 17, my dad gave me an errand to run, but I decided to make a stop at my girlfriend's house. I forgot about the time because I was um, wrestling...lol. Anyway, there was a knock on the door and when my girlfriend went to answer it, I heard my dad's voice. OMG! I almost fainted and when I went to the door, he embarrassed the heck out of me. Needless to say, I didn't make that mistake again.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 06-07-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    06-07-2012 02:38 PM
    I use it to find my wife's iPad when its been misplaced in the house.
    06-07-2012 05:04 PM
    Yes, my wife, 17 times a day...
    06-08-2012 08:33 PM
    Not necessarily. There are times when the GPS/carrier location lock is not spot-on but is within - say - 1000 feet. Other times, it will show you the exact position/location within a given structure. As stated above, it's not perfect, but it will definitely find the general location of the device you're tracking.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    Friend of mine found one while shopping. I told her to drop it at a Verizon store. She went home first and within 10 minutes the owner of the phone was ringing her door bell.
    06-08-2012 08:39 PM
    I am a high school band director, and after a football game one night my phone was not in the holster. I used Find My iPhone to make my iPhone make the loud tone, and it turns out that it fell out of the holster in the back of the equipment trailer. It was invaluable.
    06-08-2012 09:31 PM
    Yes, I just used it to find my iphone. It was left at the movie theater. I have to wait until the place opens, but I can see the little bugger. Locked it, didn't wipe it.:o
    06-09-2012 06:28 AM
    Mine fell while weed eating at my in-laws a few weeks ago. Was hanging out at my wife's uncles and noticed it was missing. Got my wife's phone and entered my info. Was at the corner of my in-laws camper. Love this feature.
    06-09-2012 10:57 PM
    I got it install haven't use it yet.
    06-10-2012 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD