That's not it. They can't fix it if it's Jailbroken. They are not responsible for that. Only the Jailbreak devs would be able to fix that problem.
    No, they asked because they believe that the signal problems are due to the jailbreak. I asked. It's so much easier to blame the JB and get me to wipe my phone than send a tech out to my location to check signal towers in the area.

To the op - you're fine. Take the phone in. You won't be burned at the stake.
    06-08-2012 09:20 AM
    fwiw, i had a friend who unknowingly took his jailbroken iPhone 4 (at the time) in to an Apple store for battery problems. the Genius laughed it off and replaced the entire device since he was still under warranty

yes, they can refuse service to jailbroken devices but i also believe it depends who you talk to and if they are a stickler or not

side note: whenever i take my device to Apple for issues i always Restore as new iPhone
    06-08-2012 09:32 AM
    fwiw, i had a friend who unknowingly took his jailbroken iPhone 4 (at the time) in to an Apple store for battery problems. the Genius laughed it off and replaced the entire device since he was still under warranty

yes, they can refuse service to jailbroken devices but i also believe it depends who you talk to and if they are a stickler or not

side note: whenever i take my device to Apple for issues i always Restore as new iPhone
    Since Apple employees can be terminated for this, your friend was indeed lucky...
    06-09-2012 01:23 AM
    Since Apple employees can be terminated for this, your friend was indeed lucky...
    Tim is a jailbreak killjoy!
    06-09-2012 03:01 PM
    I can drive my car off a bridge .. Doesn't mean I'm going too

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-10-2012 12:00 AM
    what specific "this" are you referring to? replacing a device under warranty because of a faulty or refusing service on a jailbroken device?
    06-10-2012 12:57 AM
    what specific "this" are you referring to? replacing a device under warranty because of a faulty or refusing service on a jailbroken device?
    They can be terminated for providing warranty service for a jail broken device, which is by definition out of warranty.
    06-10-2012 01:06 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD