Dust damn!

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
So I just got my new iPhone on Friday last weeks and while going to put on my new screen protector I find to specks of dust in the upper left hand side of the screen you cant see them unless you look for them but now I know it's there it bugs me . What makes it worse the phone is flawless besides that, no light bleed very minor yellow tint and the brightness is perfect. idk what to do, should I return it or hold on to it;( sad day.

Last edited:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So I just got my new iPhone on Friday last weeks and while going to put on my new screen protector I find to specks of dust in the upper left hand side of the screen you cant see them unless you look for them but now I know it's there it bugs me . What makes it worse the phone is flawless besides that, no light bleed very minor yellow tint and the brightness is perfect. idk what to do, should I return it or hold on to it;( sad day.

I guess you could always inspect the replacement before making a trade?? I know what you mean though. It's the little things that drive me crazy, but do you risk a bigger issue?!

via Tapatalk

Reactions: precon22

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Exactly my thoughts! But I think I will hold on to it for the time being and if anything else arises I'll take it back.

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The glass/digitizer and the LCD panel are fused when the phone is being assembled, so there's no way the dust infiltrated due to regular use etc. I'd take it in to apple, they'll most likely give you a replacement.

Reactions: precon22

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to hold off and just keep it for a while, I'm going to go buy some apple care + and if anything happens I'll take it back

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Is the dust under the screen protector or the actual screen? If it is under the screen protector, that is not a warranty issue. You just need to clean the screen protector or replace it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would take it in lol for the simple fact it would drive me nuts

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as Brinda and Peligro... I can't stand those minor flaws... Once you see it, you ALWAYS see it...

If I had an iPhone with dust AND a scratched bezel, I'd definitely be cashing that in... Can't fault you there...

Last edited:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as Brinda and Peligro... I can't stand that minor flaws... Once you see it, you ALWAYS see it...

If I had an iPhone with dust AND a scratch bezel, I'd definitely be cashing that in... Can't fault you there...

+1! Finger prints alone is why I love the white iPhone! ;)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
+1! Finger prints alone is why I love the white iPhone! ;)

I just can't seem to like the white iPhone. I don't know why. I have the black iPhone with a white case and really like that. As Pink would say, it's the "storm trooper" look (that's fitting since I enjoy the occasional Star Wars film haha).

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just can't seem to like the white iPhone. I don't know why. I have the black iPhone with a white case and really like that. As Pink would say, it's the "storm trooper" look (that's fitting since I enjoy the occasional Star Wars film haha).

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Oh I love the black one too, but figured I'd change it up for a while. They're both gorgeous IMO.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
So I took my iPhone in today and it was replaced great, but the second one had a huge white speck under the glass so I went back they replaced again and the genius and me both found a white speck on the next one, so he grabbed all of his white 16 gb(only 4 on hand but one was black and put in the wrong box) and we went through all of them except one and out of 5 iPhones including mine they all had dust. The one I decided has 2 specks. I figured what the hell I'm tired of being OCD and just get on with my life iPhone 5 comes out soon.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
So this sucks I have screen protector on my screen and I notice today that somehow I got a scratch about 2mm long on my front facing camera . So some how I scratched my phone thought the screen protector hole wow. O well.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
When I first got mine I had that it was more darker in color. Easy replacement right away and the new one was actually better in everything else. I remember I returned 2 iPhone 4 for having light colored dust speck like under the screen and had no trouble replacing them. Carefully inspect the replacement before taking it.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
So I finally got one that is perfect has not dust,But a minor scratch on the bezel. but sad story guys. I was on my way to work from the apple store I was stopped at a red light, as I was trying to open a water bottle I noticed the car beside me start to go, me not realizing the light was red, moved forward and was t boned by a a large suv, who was trying to make a yellow light. It was a terrible situation. I'm traumatized all over and thank God I'm still alive and everyone in both cars are ok.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro