My wife and I both have 4s's. We share the same apple ID. Her pics go into the same photostream as mine. Her pics show up on my phone and mine on hers. Now the issue is that my pics download to the pc as they should. Hers did up until recently. Her pics dont show up on the pc anymore. Just mine. But hers still show up in my photostream. Any thoughts?
    06-05-2012 02:46 PM
    I'd have to set up different IDs. I just could NOT have all of mu pictures ending up on her phone, it just would NOT work for me. Nor would I necesarily want all of her pictures. My recommendation would be to set up separate IDs.
    06-05-2012 02:56 PM
    Im not trying to be an *** but that is your opinion and that is all fine and dandy. But that doesnt help solve my issue.
    06-05-2012 03:18 PM
    My guess is she has the Photostream turned off on her handset. Check that first, and make sure it's enabled. If it's off, she won't have the Photostream thumbnails when you go to her Albums. If that's not the case, then go to iCloud and reset the Photostreams, then reset thenm on iPhoto and the phone as well. If it still doesn't sync, then I'm outta ideas.
    06-05-2012 03:43 PM
    UPDATE:
    Got it fixed. All of the phones settings were fine. I knew that b/c my phone showed her pics in photostream. So they were being uploaded but the pc wasnt downloading just hers. I signed out of icloud on the pc, then signed back in and changed the download location and all her pics came through finally. Thanks
    06-05-2012 04:21 PM
    With the same IDs are your phones almost clones? ie do you have the same music , videos, books and contacts (updated through iCloud as they are changed)? I use home sharing for media on my computer, but my wife can't get to the media unless she signs into her phone as me, we haven't done this in case all her contacts disappear and she loses all her other stuff. Any thoughts because you already do this?

Thanks and sorry if this hijacks the thread
    06-09-2012 10:24 AM
    With the same IDs are your phones almost clones? ie do you have the same music , videos, books and contacts (updated through iCloud as they are changed)? I use home sharing for media on my computer, but my wife can't get to the media unless she signs into her phone as me, we haven't done this in case all her contacts disappear and she loses all her other stuff. Any thoughts because you already do this?

Thanks and sorry if this hijacks the thread
    Well we have all of our contacts and stuff in gmail. We have used android for years and before thatn winmo. So our contacts have been on google for 4+ years. So we sync all our contacts that way and there is no cross contact info b/c we dont use icloud for contacts. Music I manage manually and select artists for my phone and different artists for her. Same goes for movies. Apps are cross synced and I just delete apps she downloads that automagically download to mine and vise versa. All of our photos are synced to photostream which I enjoy. I can see her pics when im at work and she is out doing fun stuff with the kids. Any photos we dont want in photostream we backup and then delete from the photostream.
    06-09-2012 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD