jailbreak restore issue

bullock.chase

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post on imore because I recently discovered the website upon searching for information about jailbreaking my iPhone 4S.

I decided to jailbreak the phone, but reverted back to factory settings today via an iTunes restore and recovering data via my last iCloud backup. I am (and was) running iOS 5.1.1, which means the Personal Hotspot option under Settings was hidden; however, after my restore, the option is not hidden, and it is capable of toggling on and off (unlike how it previously was before the jailbreak).

Has anybody on here experienced this before? Does this mean that my carrier will track my tethering? It seems that this is a result of jailbroken data remaining on the device post-restore, but I did not think that this was possible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd check first with your carrier to see if your plan has changed. I am on Verizon, and one day after I made a change to my plan (and I don't have/wanted the wireless hotspot) I noticed the same thing you're noticing. I called Verizon, and they messed up and someone added that feature to my phone accidentally. If I had used it, I'd be paying the extra bucks a month for the feature. Good thing I noticed it.