iOS 5.1.1 battery on 4s thoughts

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink, how are you doing with that percentage turned off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its still.........OFF :D LOL How bout you mistah m?

In fact, for charging up now, i don't wait for the "hey your at 20% time to charge up dummy" notification LOL:p I just plug in when ever....what ever....where ever LOL :D

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
its still.........OFF :D LOL How bout you mistah m?

In fact, for charging up now, i don't wait for the "hey your at 20% time to charge up dummy" notification LOL:p I just plug in when ever....what ever....where ever LOL :D

Nice! Life is good then. I only wait until it hits 20% when I'm around the house on the weekend. It takes forever because I'm on WiFi.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Life is good then. I only wait until it hits 20% when I'm around the house on the weekend. It takes forever because I'm on WiFi.

:)indeed, it is;)

Like you, i'm on wifi 99.9% of the time and it feels like it takes forever too, when in reality its a bit more than 2 days (like 2days-12hrs) for me, going by what my previous stats were when i used to watch them:) which is now a thing of the past;)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have no idea what is going on...

i did a Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings yesterday and drained completely last night, then charged overnight

today i am at a little over 2 hours standby and 1 hr 9 min usage at 90% :confused:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
BLiNK, just a few thoughts - perhaps something is caught up running in the background. Have you tried rebooting yet?

how is your signal strength?

Also, you said you did a full cycle discharge/charge up, I know on a rare occassion it takes a charge or two before it kicks into lasting longer for standby/usage. So maybe see how your device is behaving after a couple of charges too

Also, are you running ios6b4?

Last but not least, you know the drill......restore as new as last resort

Last edited:

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I was having battery issues when I downloaded a update from one of my cydia packages. They came out with two updates within like a day.

Fixed my battery issue or at least I hope it did. Been using battsaver and its working pretty well.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

i did a Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings yesterday and drained completely last night, then charged overnight

today i am at a little over 2 hours standby and 1 hr 9 min usage at 90% :confused:

BLiNK, just a few thoughts - perhaps something is caught up running in the background. Have you tried rebooting yet?

how is your signal strength?

Also, you said you did a full cycle discharge/charge up, I know on a rare occassion it takes a charge or two before it kicks into lasting longer for standby/usage. So maybe see how your device is behaving after a couple of charges too

Also, are you running ios6b4?

Last but not least, you know the drill......restore as new as last resort

actually, i was trying to say i thought it was good battery performance lol. is it not?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

That actually doesn't seem too bad. About 5%/hour of time off the charger'll give you 16 hrs before hitting 20% so that's pretty dang good. After 16 hrs you're back home anyway. LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
actually, i was trying to say i thought it was good battery performance lol. is it not?

:eek: OH lmao:D .....I thought you were asking because of the opposite of that LOL. When I saw your post I personally thought it wasn't bad TBH. I then headed into my standby usage and at that time I posted I was at standby 4h52m with 1hr usage and had 92% -on wifi the entire time SO I'd say your good:)

I seriously don't look at my stats anymore at all, I checked just to compare with what you posted about. Also, turning off my batt percentage was the best thing I've done as well. Even though I always got great battery life I still use to watch it like a hawk.....not anymore!:)

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy your freedom from battery drain anxiety!!!!

+1, Sayntj it might bug you for a day or two not seeing the % but seriously push past it and just enjoy your phone. Charge when you feel you need to, or just to bump it up a bit;):)

Like I said before, shutting mine off was the best thing I've done. Even thought I get great battery life I used to obsess over watching the percentage. I'm sooooo glad those days are over.......really:) as silly as that may sound.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner