iOS 5.1.1 battery on 4s thoughts

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That's just what I was thinking :D

Uh oh, just got the 20% notification. Been unplugged since 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, i can say that i wasnt looking at my phone as much wondering what percentage i was at, and amazingly enough - it didnt really bother me to not see the percentage which i thought for sure would get the best of my OCD lol. BUT, what did get to me was i got my 20% noti this afternoon and i had time so i fig'd i'd charge up completely.......WELL!! that felt like the looooooongest charge up of my life:eek: Not so much when it reached the half way or 3/4 way point - it was when it 'appeared' to be charged (i'd estimate it was at about 90/95ish), but it stiiiiiiiill had a way to go to reach the (100%) plug icon mark. THAT. WAS. PAINFUL. lmao!!

But, i'm stickin it out - still no % icon:) How are you doin with it mistah m? did you fall off the wagon:p LOL

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
How are you doin with it mistah m? did you fall off the wagon:p LOL
I'm doing real well. The missing % isn't bothering me one bit. I've always liked it turned off but I read here so much and see the majority of folks have it on so I felt like I should too. No more though. Plus, it's off by default. Lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing real well. The missing % isn't bothering me one bit. I've always liked it turned off but I read here so much and see the majority of folks have it on so I felt like I should too. No more though. Plus, it's off by default. Lol

:)nicely done! I was just the opposite when i got my 4S - as soon as i had it set up i turned on the percentage icon right away. So basically it was weird to me to not have it. Like i said, i tried once before to turn it off but didnt last a day or two, but this time around i think because i'm just so done with all the hype of "omg hows your battery life, usage, percentage...blah blah blah" etc. etc. that i'm just ready to move on & not have it on anymore:)

I also actually like the fact that when i'm using my phone i cant see the 100% fall to 99, 98, 97 etc when i'm using it alot. NOW that used to freak me out!! LOL

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that's it. Pink and Mistah, i will now have to put you guys on my ignore list. all of the battery talk is raising my anxiety to another level

i was fine until you guys started in ! :D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
oooooooooooohhhh SNAP!! Sooooooo SORRY BLiNK :p:D

mistah m, ya know what else i like about the percentage NOT showing - at night sometimes i'd put my phone into airplane mode - naturally you'll loose a percent or 2, which urked me lol. BUT what really would tweak my melon is on the nights i didnt do the airplane mode thing and the weather was sh!t, i'd loose up to 7%! I'd be roaring when i got up in the morning like WTF?!?! LOL so i'm happy to not see either of those happening, whether it was just the 1-2%(airplane mode) or up to 7%(3G/wifi)

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
oooooooooooohhhh SNAP!! Sooooooo SORRY BLiNK :p:D

mistah m, ya know what else i like about the percentage NOT showing - at night sometimes i'd put my phone into airplane mode - naturally you'll loose a percent or 2, which urked me lol. BUT what really would tweak my melon is on the nights i didnt do the airplane mode thing and the weather was sh!t, i'd loose up to 7%! I'd be roaring when i got up in the morning like WTF?!?! LOL so i'm happy to not see either of those happening, whether it was just the 1-2%(airplane mode) or up to 7%(3G/wifi)

I normally charge powered off at night. :D

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
would you believe, since the day i've gotten my phone, i've only powered it down may a handful of times - i always leave it on at night, even when i'm charging:)

I typically don't power down on weekends because I generally fall asleep before I get a chance. Lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
hey mistah m.....day 4. how you doin so far? I actually think i've got this whole "needing to see the percentage" thing beat:) It seriously has not phased me what so ever that i have not been able to see an exact battery number, in fact i think i feel less anxiety about it! I can say tho, i have had the urge to check the standby/usage but i have refrained. Just going from memory i've been charging my phone every 1-1/2 to 2 days - my usual deal:) Plus i just did my monthly reboot last night so even if i did look i'd get nothing but dashes right now:p LOL

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
hey mistah m.....day 4. how you doin so far? I actually think i've got this whole "needing to see the percentage" thing beat:) It seriously has not phased me what so ever that i have not been able to see an exact battery number, in fact i think i feel less anxiety about it! I can say tho, i have had the urge to check the standby/usage but i have refrained. Just going from memory i've been charging my phone every 1-1/2 to 2 days - my usual deal:) Plus i just did my monthly reboot last night so even if i did look i'd get nothing but dashes right now:p LOL

I'm still doing well and like you, I too have experience a drastic decrease in anxiety without the percentage and checking the usage/standby times. When I leave work for the day I'm normally between 30 and 50 percent and I normally listen to music on the way home from work (45 min drive with traffic) so I'm usually good with charge.

Taking it back to the days before all this info was at your fingertips is undoubtedly one of the best things I've done... it's 3rd on the list behind getting married and getting an iPhone....until we have kids. LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm still doing well and like you, I too have experience a drastic decrease in anxiety without the percentage and checking the usage/standby times. When I leave work for the day I'm normally between 30 and 50 percent and I normally listen to music on the way home from work (45 min drive with traffic) so I'm usually good with charge.

Taking it back to the days before all this info was at your fingertips is undoubtedly one of the best things I've done... it's 3rd on the list behind getting married and getting an iPhone....until we have kids. LOL

:)awesome! I have to agree, it is a good thing i've done this as well. My list is a little different than yours ATM LOL: getting married & having kids are 1 & 2;):)

IF i had to gauge where my batt is at now, i'd gestimate between 40-50% & i came off the charger yesterday morn around 6am:) SO unless i plan a day trip today, i wont charge again till maybe bedtime tonight or even wait till tomorrow morning.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
:)awesome! I have to agree, it is a good thing i've done this as well. My list is a little different than yours ATM LOL: getting married & having kids are 1 & 2;):)

IF i had to gauge where my batt is at now, i'd gestimate between 40-50% & i came off the charger yesterday morn around 6am:) SO unless i plan a day trip today, i wont charge again till maybe bedtime tonight or even wait till tomorrow morning.

Nice! I try not to charge unless the phone says "hey, you're at 20% dummy" lol. But, since it charges when I listen to music it's kind of difficult. Oh well. I've successfully conquered my iPhone demons I believe.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Nice! I try not to charge unless the phone says "hey, you're at 20% dummy" lol. But, since it charges when I listen to music it's kind of difficult. Oh well. I've successfully conquered my iPhone demons I believe.

LOL, now imagine if the pop-up for that notification really read that!! :p

Yea, most of the time when i see the pop up i'll plug in too, but even now, that doesnt freak me out anymore. Prior to all this, when i saw the pop up i'd be like OMG:eek: NEED. TO. CHARGE. NOW. lol because i HATED my phone going below 20% - at times it would just urk me! LOL there were times if my phone was at 50 or 75% i'd be jonesin to plug in! :p

now i'm just like, yea......what ever:)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Yea, most of the time when i see the pop up i'll plug in too, but even now, that doesnt freak me out anymore. Prior to all this, when i saw the pop up i'd be like OMG:eek: NEED. TO. CHARGE. NOW. lol because i HATED my phone going below 20% - at times it would just urk me! LOL there were times if my phone was at 50 or 75% i'd be jonesin to plug in! :p

now i'm just like, yea......what ever:)

Exactly! Depending on what you're doing and how your signal strength is (WiFi even) you can get AT LEAST another hour out once you get the 20% notification!! So, to me , the notification only means "hey mumford, no cause for alarm but you should be making preparations to get near a charger in about 45 mins or so. as you were."

LOL :D

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
it seems to me, after time, everyone should do a little "spring cleaning" every few months. get rid of apps you do not use or take a closer look at the ones you do use. also, if you do not mind losing some info you can do a Restore as New iPhone and reset back to factory settings

sometimes just doing a Reset All Settings helps too [Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings] this combined with a battery cycle or two has helped me

yea but before i do this, i want to see some real proof that battery live has improved. like show me some screen shots of some decent usage before/after.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
yea but before i do this, i want to see some real proof that battery live has improved. like show me some screen shots of some decent usage before/after.

I don't have any before shots, however, this is a screenshot that was done yesterday a few days after cleaning up my unused apps and doing a soft reset. I'm now able to get 2 days out of a charge again, like I was getting before.

6c02d126-5bcf-01b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm not one to keep an eye on battery. I have chargers handy everywhere and am constantly charging
my phone when i can. Yesterday I didn't. I started using my phone at 10am yesterday and had what i
would call some pretty basic usage. By the time I got home at 8pm, I was at 20%.

iOS 5.1.1 Stock

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW