iOS 5.1.1 battery on 4s thoughts

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
has anyone noticed an almost immediate drain of 2-3% once removed from the charger? my phone tends to go to 98% within ten minutes of just a few texts, sometimes when not doing anything at all. if i reboot the phone, it goes back to 100% and then the drain seems normal. it appears the battery indicator isnt showing correct levels unless rebooted once removed from the charger at 100%. anyone else??

yes, this is more common than people think. which really makes me question the accuracy all together

i have noticed after i have cycled my battery it improves but eventually starts again. we just notice it because we are staring at our phones all day/night but to the average user they're not going to care or notice, which happens to be the majority of iPhone users i am sure

I'm on 5.0.1 still, and on a rare occassion here and there my phone will do that also - be at 100% and just a short while it'll just drop to 98/99 with little use as well, however, i dont reboot my phone when it does that. I throw it back on the charger for 15-20mins and bring it back to 100 & it seems to mellow it out. Now, idlk if i'm crazy :)p skip the comments on that LOL) but what i've found when charging my phone is when i reach the 100% full charge plug icon, i leave my phone plugged in like that for an additional 15-30 mins. When i do that, i notice my phone standby/usage holds longer at 100% before starting to drop % wise. the longest i've gone on standby and just hit 99% was 7hr 9mins with 21mins of use.

I also only reboot my phone once a month because i really dont do much with it, mostly play TuneIn radio, and i'm not jb'en either - only some of the time when i reboot will i let the battery cycle to 0 & do a whole 'fresh' charge back up.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sitting here at my desk thinking about how the internet and trying to gain knowledge has changed my device experience.

Back in the day I didn't worry about having to charge my phone. I just did it and went on about my business. Now, with all this knowledge and supposed research from sites like batteryuniversity.com, if I have to charge more than before going to bed at night I think something is wrong with my phone.

Craziness I tell ya...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
When I am not tethering my 4S with my iPad every day I'm able to get 2 solid days on a charge again.

c6e4c894-615e-07ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going back to how I used to be. Just use my phone as I want then charge when necessary. Stay out of general>usage looking at us/sb time and just look at my overall time off the charger as an estimation. I tend to over think things...like go into general>usage and use the current info to calculate when I'll hit 20%.

I'm too nerdy about this cell phone stuff sometimes.

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm going back to how I used to be. Just use my phone as I want then charge when necessary. Stay out of general>usage looking at us/sb time and just look at my overall time off the charger as an estimation. I tend to over think things...like go into general>usage and use the current info to calculate when I'll hit 20%.

I feel liberated. Haven't been in to check usage/sb time in like 5 days! Lol

i agree it is easy to get caught up in the battery whore scenario but i also believe if we look too hard for something to be wrong we will find it!

glad you are enjoying your device like a normal human being lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i agree it is easy to get caught up in the battery whore scenario but i also believe if we look too hard for something to be wrong we will find it!

:D it's a good feeling.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm sooo guilty of this too! i seriously cant stand myself LOL. Yesterday i actually didnt look at my standby/usage ONE TIME:eek: and i took it off the charger yest morn approx 630am - used my ph through the day, plugged in a few times when i was starting to hoover around 45-50%. I was as happy as a pig in sh*t to not worry about the standby/usage times either:)

I feel liberated. Haven't been in to check usage/sb time in like 5 days! Lol
:eek: WOW 5 days you havent looked?!? daaaaaaayuum - good for you mister m. I'd like to reach that goal and then some myself TBH;)

;)your absolutely right - the whole checking battery stats is really getting on my nerves too LOL. I made it through yesterday without peeking in, and today so far, guilty - i checked once:eek: But i am honestly determined to stop the OCD with the batt stats myself.....that sh*t gets tiring keeping track of after a while:p and dont get me wrong, i DO enjoy my phone as well:)

NOW, if i can just woman up one of these days and shut the percentage off, that'd be cake;):)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

But i am honestly determined to stop the OCD with the batt stats myself.....that sh*t gets tiring keeping track of after a while:p and dont get me wrong, i DO enjoy my phone as well:)

NOW, if i can just woman up one of these days and shut the percentage off, that'd be cake;):)

I think what used to bother me was looking at percentage compared to batt stats then I'd go to calculating percentage/hr etc. Now THAT'S annoying. :D

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, initially the battery performance of iphone 4S was quite bad, and it was quite low, and I had to ask so many people about what to do, and most of the people had the same problem, anyways, the situation got a bit better and the battery life went a bit fine when we got the new iOS version update, the battery life improved too much!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice