Do you keep your Apple product boxes and packaging?

What do you do with your Apple product box?

• Keep it

Votes: 90 96.8%
  • Throw it away

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I still have the box and receipt for my iPhone, iPad, iPad smart cover, Apple Bluetooth keyboard, and the iPad stand. I also maintain a copy of the receipts via Evernote.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You bet your @$$ I kept it, lol. My reasons for keeping it are 1) if I ever need to re-pack my 4S to put away because I upgraded to a newer iPhone and 2) in case I ever have an issue, I have original packaging for it;)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
not only do i keep all of my Apple packaging but i do it with everything else in my fricking life!

i really need to see someone about that..

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
not only do i keep all of my Apple packaging but i do it with everything else in my fricking life!

i really need to see someone about that..

your not the only one, still have all my apple boxes, all 3 laptop boxes and the boxes for my 2 RC helicopters in my closet which make it hard to get to my clothes at times

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Yes but I don't know why. I live less than 10 mins from an Apple Store in case I have to return something.

Maybe it's time to clean out my closet and make room for other stuff I really don't need to keep.

Good Luck

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a hoarder or anything. I just thought the Apple packaging was worth too much to throw away. It doesn't feel like something to be disposed of, it has a little weight to it and lasts a long time. But I do like to look at it though.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
I keep all of my boxes because I tell my self I'm going to sell it when the next gen comes out. Yeah... I've never done that. They are still too useful to have around for me to sell.

Vox

Jan 16, 2009
Visit site
I even keep the boxes of stuff I don't own anymore, like my original iPhone, which I sold years ago...buyer didn't want the box, and it's still at the bottom of the pile of iPhone boxes :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Guilty... iPods, iPhones, iPads, MacBook Pros/Air, Mac Mini, iMac, AppleTVs, Time Machine, Airport Extreme, Keyboards, Mouse, TrackPad... I have them all... and like some of the others, I can get my hands on a copy of the receipt for every Apple product that I have ever owned...

When I "retire" an item, it goes back in its box for storage - or sale, in which case, the box goes with it.

I'm not a hoarder and I DON'T have a problem. More like "pride of ownership".

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I even keep the boxes of stuff I don't own anymore, like my original iPhone, which I sold years ago...buyer didn't want the box, and it's still at the bottom of the pile of iPhone boxes :)

Now that I wouldn't do. I don't keep the box for something I no longer own. I had an iPod touch 4, I kept the box, but I threw it away after I sold it. But as long as I have the item, I am compelled not to throw away such a nice looking box.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Now that I wouldn't do. I don't keep the box for something I no longer own. I had an iPod touch 4, I kept the box, but I threw it away way before I sold it (it was about that time). But as long as I have the item, I am compelled not to throw away such a nice looking box. With the iPhone, sometimes I put the phone inside the box just to look at it.

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I save boxes for anything I have under warranty, or anything that I can get more money on when it comes time to sell i.e. iPhones

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Guilty 3 iPhone 4 boxes and a 4s .. 2 iPads and a apple tv box and iPad one case box and my iPad 2 smart cover box ... Don't know why I do but they are nice heavy duty boxes . I guess they will come in handy for resale if that ever happens lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

k_kjong

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I always keep the packaging of my Apple products. The main reason is because I can sell it with a higher price if I still have the box and the accessories that came with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro