Putting smartphone away for a week

k_kjong

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I can do it. Well, maybe because I just graduated and still in search for a job, so I need my iPhone to keep me company. :p

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't do it!

I love the ability to always stay in touch with friends. I use my calender to keep myself somewhat organized, and a paper calender wouldn't work because I never check it. Unlike when cellphones first came out, I use my phone as a phone, web browser, alarm clock, (sometimes) camera, music player, digital organizer, navigator, Mobile Office (word, excel, etc.), and when bored, my entertainment. I would have a hard time going down to a feature phone (dumb phone) let alone having no phone at all. To serve all these functions, I would need to carry a backpack full of dedicated devices just to fill the purpose of my smartphone.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Without my iPhone I'd feel very out of touch. I have no landline, so my contact with friends & family would be limited to email. Sans iPhone I'd be lugging my MacBook or iPad everywhere for email, getting news via the Web, entertainment, and keeping organized via my Home calendar.

My addiction score is only 39% but in reality I'm pretty damn dependent. :eek:

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Some people would say that it's like asking someone to put away their car for a week. Like, what's the point?

Other people say they use it to manage their lives, but of you had a life you wouldn't have a smartphone. Isn't that ironic?

Using something that makes life easier isn't not having a life... My smartphone does so much to make things easier for me that I usually do have it in my hands all the time, I also have quite an active life so that statement is a little false. To each their own, if it makes your life easier then rock on!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I could as long as had access to a dumbphone that would ring if someone needed me. I don't have a home phone and haven't had one in over 10 years. I have to have some sort of way for people to get in touch with me besides carrier pigeons and smoke signals.

Edit: Took the quiz

Cell phone addiction test result
Your cell phone addiction level is 23%

rikdeboer

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Your cell phone addiction level is 20%

Low or no addiction. Your relationship with cell phones seems to be perfectly normal, therefore you have nothing to worry about. Your answers denote that you comprehend the potentialities of cell phones but, at the same time, you are not subdued to them. You could probably live a serene life even if cell phone did not exist. This is surely good! Write us if you liked this test.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
These responses surprised me. I mean, yeah, I'm dependent on it, but I could just snap right back to independent in a heartbeat. A smartphone is a convinient accessory, not a necessity.

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have done it for 2 weeks BUT

I did it for two weeks but had to leave the country and did not want to be bother with SIM card . When I had a BB It was easier to travel over sea and switch SIMS. But I had to have my laptop with me.
I beleive people or more Addicted to FACEBOOK. . I'm not I think its anti social and stuipt my opinion of course

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
seriously?! i cannot put it away for 1 hour let alone 1 week

i have a problem. known fact

Same here, BLiNK. Only I have a bigger problem, because I can't put my iPhone down for 2 minutes! :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2