So if I get included in a group message and I want to be excluded is there a way? My work will include everyone in a message and we all have iPhones so anyone that replies I get. Even if its my day off and i dont want to hear it. Can i get myself out of that message?
    05-21-2012 10:10 AM
    Not that I know of.
    05-21-2012 10:14 AM
    Not that I know of.
    I'm in agreement. I don't think there is a way to accomplish this. Maybe there is a way via jailbreak, but I don't know.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-21-2012 10:36 AM
    I don't know that there is but I feel your pain. It is annoying when people make you part of a group and they sit there and message each other for a couple hours and you have to suffer through it.
    05-21-2012 12:58 PM
    I don't know that there is but I feel your pain. It is annoying when people make you part of a group and they sit there and message each other for a couple hours and you have to suffer through it.
    Yeah, but that only happens if the group messaging option is enabled. If you disable it and send a message to multiple recipients, you won't receive the group replies.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-21-2012 02:48 PM
    Yeah, but that only happens if the group messaging option is enabled. If you disable it and send a message to multiple recipients, you won't receive the group replies.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    JMD,
    I thought disabling it prevents the group from viewing your reply to the original sender but you still receive the replies of the group.

If you're initiating the message to a group, wouldn't you want to see the replies?
    I'm probably confusing things here.

Anyway this is less of an issue for me with messages than it is with emails. I hate it when I'm one of a group of recipients and the other idiots feel a need to reply to all.

Good Luck
    05-21-2012 09:34 PM
    JMD,
    I thought disabling it prevents the group from viewing your reply to the original sender but you still receive the replies of the group.
    You may be right, but I've been lucky to not get any replies that was not directly sent to me and hopefully, that will continue to happen.

If you're initiating the message to a group, wouldn't you want to see the replies?
    I'm probably confusing things here.
    For the most part, yes.

Anyway this is less of an issue for me with messages than it is with emails. I hate it when I'm one of a group of recipients and the other idiots feel a need to reply to all.

Good Luck
    (laughing)...I hear ya

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-21-2012 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD