Dear fellow IGer!

I need your help! It is very exciting for me to introduce you to one of the first formal academic research studies dedicated to Instagram and this incredible community. There is so much to look at and explore, and we'd like to get your input. By taking 5 minutes and filling out the survey below, you will be making a great contribution to what can only be the beginning of research done on IG. And best of all, you can do it straight from your smartphone! All participation is 100% ANONYMOUS! If you know other IGers who would be interested, please feel free to spread the word, post on your feed or share with your friends.

As soon as our mind-blowing results are out, you'll be the first to know!

Thank you in advance!

Instagram Survey: How connected are you?
    05-20-2012 12:07 AM
    I've just taken your poll. I find myself saying "Instagram has a leader? Who is he, why wasn't I aware he existed?"

Half your questions are about the Leader. Care to comment?
    05-20-2012 08:55 AM
    Hi Alli!

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the survey - your contribution is invaluable to us!

As avid Instagram users, we have found that within the larger Instagram community, many "sub" communities have surfaced and are extremely active on a daily basis. Examples are Josh Johnson (#jj) as well as the "Gang Family" communities (#gf_daily, etc) and "Instagood" (#instagood)

All these communities are being spearheaded by 1 or various individuals. They set tasks and challenges, and reward members with feature posts and other just incentives. One of the things we found particularly interesting and that we wanted to research and test, was how the 'leaders' of these communities evolved and reached the positions they are in, as well as how the regular user sees the leader. We are very excited for the results!

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and it would be great if you could spread the word!

Kind regards.
    05-20-2012 09:04 AM
    Interesting. Evidently there are no leaders in my corner of the Instagram world. Then again, I don't follow celebs on any social network as I don't find them particularly social.
    05-20-2012 10:31 PM
    Hi. just came across your post. i am also currently doing a de3ssertation on instagram too. myabe i could cite your work. Were the results published???
    02-24-2013 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD